YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Got my first dive at Stoney this Sunday after doing OW dives at Gildy and attempts afterwards

Any hints / tips for a first-timer ?

Going to probably have a drive up there on Friday afternoon to take a look around.

Anyone else going to be there want to say hello ?

ancl.

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Was planning on looking in the shop, with the intention of buying a dry suit, local dive shop to me  only seems to sell Moby, and chatting to locals and online reviews the suits seem poor so going to stay clear of that suit.

Anyway if anyone on YD is there, come and say hello, I'll be the one in the semi dry and hot water bottle  

ancl

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Plan is to meet up with the other newbies to Stoney at 0930, if that goes well, I feel a weekday visit.

Plan: Fake Illness on Monday at Work, Get wife to call in sick on Tuesday whilst I'm on my way to go diving !!  I love it when a plan comes together

Honestly I feel a flexi-day coming on......

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Bottled It !

Off to Gildenburgh instead as after talking to the others in the group, general view was go to Stony during the week.

Today's impulse buy at the dive shop was a Q40 torch and some 3mm gloves.

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

Had a real good time at Gildy ( if thats possible !! )

First dive had problems getting down, not enough weight. Second dive put some ankle weights on, no problems descending - a real good dive.

Had to dive as a threesome on the second dive as one of the team got his ( hired ) cylinder bounced by the filling station for being out of test.

The other guy kept rushing off and disappearing leaving me and the other diver guessing where he'd gone, not good :-(

Finally got to see the double decker bus !  Breathing resistance become harder at 14m, adjusted the ATX50, but didn't seem to help, ascended a couple of metres, and it improved.

Still it was good to be in the water, and I had a really good day out.

Stony during the week here I come.....

ancl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.