YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this was a first for a few resons...

1. my first time in warm water...yes you may laugh:embarassed:

2.my son, nick did his first open water tri-dive in the sea.

this was especially fab.the instuctors and dive masters were brilliant.

they were so patient, and encouraging to nick.he did a second dive later in the week.they also took loads of pictures, so we have a great selection of memories.

it was a great feelin being able to just sit back at 7m and watch, then to top it off we had a family pitcure at the end of his dive. i was so pleased with the result.

will i be doing a lot more warm water diving, try and stop me.although the cold stuff lets you appriciate and welcome the nicer parts of diving, i wont be giving up my drysuit lol.

next stop my rescue and nicks juniour open water...:teeth:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You never forget your 1st time :teeth: even with 2 left feet ;)
thanx lisa for the loan of the wet suit, although after 50mins it started to get chilly:embarassed: not forgettin the two left booties lol hope to see you in the next few weeks after your hols take care hon xx

G

·
Craby and me dived with Euro Divers In Laganas,

Very nice centre, friendly and helpfull staff, Professional but also always up for a laugh

they'd take lots of piccys during the dives, then sell you the CD at the end of the week for 10 Euros, which I thought was a very good deal.

Out of interest, who did you dive with in Zakynthos ?

G

·
Ahh, not sure if it's the same instuctors now as then, now there's a very good Scottish guy Davie, Simon from Essex, and another Scottish girl on Reception ( in fact she's from the same town as me, and another Scottish Diver who lives 2 miles away from my mothers house )

There did seem to be a bit of a Scottish invasion that week !!!!

Fair enough. Know them well.

...i worked for them last summer :)

G

·
I will when I find one that I look good in ;)

I don't think that I'd recommend it for a diving holiday as such, but if you were having a Family holiday, and managed to get in 2-3 days of diving, then I think you'd really enjoy it .

I did 3 days of Diving, and 3 days of Driving all around the Island, which seemed a good compromise, and made for an enjoyable and relaxing week.

Well let's see some of em then - I could fancy Zante next year.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Ahh, not sure if it's the same instuctors now as then, now there's a very good Scottish guy Davie, Simon from Essex, and another Scottish girl on Reception ( in fact she's from the same town as me, and another Scottish Diver who lives 2 miles away from my mothers house )

There did seem to be a bit of a Scottish invasion that week !!!!
Scottish guy named dave was known as "Scottish Dave". The problem last year were we had 3 daves so ended up "Original Dave", "Other Dave" and "Scottish Dave".

The scottish girl on reception (If she's called Pearl) is Scottish Daves partner. They sold their UK house last summer to move out there permanently.

Diving wise you're right - its not a diving holiday but 2-3 days would be ok if you could do the Keri caves, butterfly cave, arch. Other than that the diving is a bit samey (is that a word?)
The island above water though is beautiful and worth driving around.

G

·
Scottish guy named dave was known as "Scottish Dave". The problem last year were we had 3 daves so ended up "Original Dave", "Other Dave" and "Scottish Dave".

The scottish girl on reception (If she's called Pearl) is Scottish Daves partner. They sold their UK house last summer to move out there permanently.

Diving wise you're right - its not a diving holiday but 2-3 days would be ok if you could do the Keri caves, butterfly cave, arch. Other than that the diving is a bit samey (is that a word?)
The island above water though is beautiful and worth driving around.

yep its the same pearl and davie,we did all those dives and barracuda reef, two coloumn, most of the diving is very near and around turtle island, we were lucky enough to see turtles a few times

G

·
Snap. Well not last summer but I worked for Eurodivers the summer of 2003, prior to them opening the centre in Tsilivi.

Photos at Zante 2003
There an interesting method of getting about the island with your scuba gear on some of the photos.

i do belive they are now opening another dive centre in tsilivi.

its the new divemaster wannabes new job to get it ready lol

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
i do belive they are now opening another dive centre in tsilivi.

its the new divemaster wannabes new job to get it ready lol
Tsilivi opened later than Laganas last week due to season starting slowly. This year is no different i suspect.

As for the DMTs wonder how they'll like the 15 hour days and night shifts tank filling for 7 days a week :(

Nothing like leaving for Tsilivi at 8.30am, getting back home at 10.30pm to be told your tank shift is 3am - 5am and you get to repeat that the next day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.