YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mmmmmmmm
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me?

I am planning to dive at Flamborough (not this weekend, one thing I have discovered that the viz will be poor after a period of rain!). I wish to know about tide times.

I know I need to dive around high or low water to minimise currents. I have found this useful page:

Information Pages - Flamborough Community Website

Which gives a link to this page giving me tide times for the next 7 days for BRIDLINGTON:

EasyTide - on-line tidal predictions from the UKHO

However, my question is - are the tide times the same for Bridlington and Flamborough, do I need an adjustment or are they close enough not to worry about?

This may be obvious to some, but this will be our first UK shore dive outside of Cornwall...

Thanks for reading my post.

Daniel.

·
His Holeyness
2,198 Posts
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me?

I am planning to dive at Flamborough (not this weekend, one thing I have discovered that the viz will be poor after a period of rain!). I wish to know about tide times.

I know I need to dive around high or low water to minimise currents. I have found this useful page:

Information Pages - Flamborough Community Website

Which gives a link to this page giving me tide times for the next 7 days for BRIDLINGTON:

EasyTide - on-line tidal predictions from the UKHO

However, my question is - are the tide times the same for Bridlington and Flamborough, do I need an adjustment or are they close enough not to worry about?

This may be obvious to some, but this will be our first UK shore dive outside of Cornwall...

Thanks for reading my post.

Daniel.
Yup, near as damn it.

Dive on an Ebb tide, if you're diving the bays, that way the current is more likely to wash you back into the bays.

ColinM

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The Flood Tide flows southwards and does so into the slack window. Slack window starts about 3/4 to an hour after HW. So if you dive at HW the current will be taking you south.

Flamborough is approx, 5 mins ahead of Brid. Remember that Flamborough itself never really has no current. And it is much heavier than the bay.

And north of the head is always very silty. Even after no wind and rain.

Prolonged wind causes much more of a problem at Brid than does rain.

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.