YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#3BB9FF'>I was wondering if anyone had any experience of Ewa-Marine flexible housings? I have a Canon EOS300 and see that a flexible housing good for 20 meters is 130 pounds at Camerasunderwater.co.uk.
Has anyone used one of these?  How long are they good for until they wear out?
Also, does anyone use a more traditional housing for this camera and what sort of results do you get with this camera?
I am tempted to have a go at underwater photography but just can't make up my mind how to start!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I was alos thinking about one of those plastic bags but then someone mentioned they get squeezed, obviously, so you cannot use the buttons etc. Not sure if that is the limiting factor. I'm tempted to go the cheap digital plus rigid housing personally. I have a Canon SLR but £700 for a solid housing plus view port at another £200 - that'll be a no then luv.
No doubt it would give good results but so would a grands worth of digital I reckon.

Matt

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

I would avoid the plastic bags - if you get one make sure the camera is insured. I would definitely recommend digital and one of those Oly housings.

having said that, £700 is a big lump if you intend to use occasionally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts