YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
That car is taking a risk - I did something similar a few years back and sucked a load of water through the ventilation and into my lovely 2.8 ltr V6 Golf, seizing the engine and requiring a brand new one to be fitted to the tune of £5k.

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
That car is taking a risk - I did something similar a few years back and sucked a load of water through the ventilation and into my lovely 2.8 ltr V6 Golf, seizing the engine and requiring a brand new one to be fitted to the tune of £5k.
and all us 4x4 owners are thinking whose having the last laugh now.:)

it is the pits when you flood an engine with water, especially if its the coolant when the head gasket goes , wrecked a mercedes engine that way.

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Is the hose pipe ban still on? :teeth:
Oh, keep up! it hasn't been in force for at least a fortnight. And it won't be back for another couple of weeks yet!
:D
It was my understanding that it was still on. On the basis that, just 'cos it's rained a lot, we still don't have a store of 'processed' water. Just no great need to water the garden :rolleyes:

Blooming great need to mow the lawn, and tend to my ever over growing garden, but that's cuckoo land :frown:

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
I think the flood I drove through on the way to Dorset last weekend wa worse than that. I suddenly remembered half way through that I wasn't driving my old Ford Focus, but my mothers's little Fiesta. I think I was very looky, looking back, as I could feel the flow of the water in against the car as I was driving through it :eek:

·
I'm a country member
1,477 Posts
Nah, this is a big puddle :D

A 6 lane section underpass of the North Circular.

Adrian
Freinds of mine from London School of Diving down the road in Chiswick,tried to dive that, but the police won't let them :frown:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.