YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

any one know of any flooded quaries in lancashire, that are not being used by a diving organisation, that i could use for training, they dont have to be that deep, 10m will do.
                                 cheers steve.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

what about river diving.  nitrox was on about some river the other week.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

About the no solo stuff steve, the owner of eccy (John) is not a diver. You can do what you want more or less. Accompanied or not.
I know of some solo'ers that use eccy on a regular basis.
He'll also fill anything which i've found handy when my cyls have just gone out of test.
Stu.

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

can't see that sort of thing lasting long if he's gonna make it a good place to go, can yoiu?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Imported post

Not really, he'll probably employ a manager who knows what they're doing and that will be that.
I think its more due to ignorance than irresponsibility.
Stu.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Imported post

when i first met him, he said that when it was open there would be no solo stuff and a heap of regulations.how things change, thats why i never bothered going!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

There's also 'Devil's Bridge' over the River Lune, not far at all from the Cape! 8 metres if you're lucky and, dependent of the recent rainfall off the hills, either an easy and chilled drift with the flow - or a crazy drift-dive where you take your life in your hands due to the run-off induced current! YeeHaaw!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

nah devils bridge isnt quite what im looking for, just some muddy puddle where i can tie myself to something and flipper away till the cows come home!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

As Malcolm said,

there are plenty of lakes in the Lake District - try Wastwater, pick a depth and fill yer boots.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Imported post

i do like the lakes, but it does take 2 hours for me to get there, so its out of the question during the week, but im at the ODG on saturday night, so i might have a dip if the vis doesnt improve int dales.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts