YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Top Bloke
2,674 Posts
I had a really awful time with Egyptair in cairo. They 'lost' my ticket confirmation and were unable to let me through the second part of check in so I was stuck between the main security and airside. Unable to go back out to the EgyptAir office and unable to go airside.
In the end I had to ghet the phone number for EgyptAir in London and spent 30 minutes on the phone to them until they sorted it out. On the London office computer I was shown as allocated a seat and even boarded onto the aircraft.
Never ever again will I fly with them.

·
Ultimate Planner
1,316 Posts
Well, although I'm Egyptian, I won't fly with EgyptAir. They're simply terrible.

Unfortunately you don't have alternatives if you want to do local flights inside Egypt or if you're going to Sudan. I believe the Sudanese Airlines ain't a better option.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I did the same trip last October and, fortunately, did not have any problems. The only hassle I had was that my luggage was a "little bit" over the 32kg per bag allowance and I had to repack at Heathrow check-in. The flight went on time and was ok.

No baggage allowance to worry about on the flight to Port Sudan - anything goes and has to be seen to be believed. I believe I was lucky again here as the flight was only delayed by about 30 minutes.

The worst part of the journey was checking in for the return flight at Cairo - absolute chaos and took a good couple of hours.

Hopefully you will get lucky and not have any delays. And you will enjoy the diving..............

·
Registered
11 Posts
I organised a trip to Sudan in 2004, through TB, flying LHR/Cairo with Egyptair. All 8 of us were bumped off the outbound flight, which was heavily overbooked. It was a nightmare, and the Egyptair customer service afterwards was dismal. There are plenty of other airlines flying to Cairo. I would never fly Egyptair again, unless unavoidable. If you take a look on the travel sites like Skytrax and E-Opinions you'll find many other Egyptair horror stories.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.