YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Andy Hayhurst has kindly agreed to run a CPR-Ox course for YD members on the 22nd/23rd February 2003. Its a combined CPR / First Aid and Oxygen handlers course. Cost is going to be £45 per person and the places are limited to 6. Can I please have a show of hands for those who wish to attend (deposits to be collected ASAP).

This course is an acceptable replacement for the PADI MFA course (for all like me who's cert is about to expire!) as well as going much further and teaching the correct steps for administering O2. This is not the usual 'bandages and ointment' first aid course but is geared towards diving and diving related injuries.

I'm sure we will be able to get a couple of dives in somewhere too!!

Regards

(Edited by Heads Up at 5:01 pm on Nov. 21, 2002)

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Put me and Fi down for two places pls.

Who collecting dough or does it go straight to Andy H?

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Prolly straight to Andy - I'll speak to him 2nite or 2morrow about final details.

Dave - is you Mark gonna come too?

I am also in the process of getting an O2 kit constructed for YD. I have an O2 clean 7l cylinder and am getting a spare reg cleaned for 100%.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Heads, that's a really good idea mate.

I've gotta say after the weekend that I've thought of it myself.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

It'll be available to anyone from YD who wants to borrow it (providing they've done an O2 course - UK legality being as it is, I'd hate to be sued for giving an O2 cylinder to an unqualified user).

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

You guys might be a bit too far away.

I might have a word with Drifty and any other Scottish YDers to provide a Scottish kit.

Perfect for Abbs and Oban.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

I'm currently good on my MFA and DAN O2 Provider certs, but that doesn't disbar me from attending the gig.....you never know, there may be a moderately polite medium-sweet sherry in the offing! Failing that, an insouciant wee single malt in the immediate environ that may need me to interview it!

OK, I'll do it too, but only if the places need to be filled - I have the certs, so I don't want to deprive anyone of what will be 'a bit more than your average PADI round-up'. Put me down as standby Jay.

With what's been going on at Dotty recently, you never know when these skills will come in handy - and quite often, you're the only guy/gal on the ground at the time with the required skills when the shight hits the fan.

It's in the diary. Enjoy 'Annie' guys, she's always in need of a kiss......of life that is ;)

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hey Jay put me down for this.  Whats the opp. for diving as well?  If I'm going to be galavanting then I'll need to dive.

Who volunteers to bring the tipple?

Oh I spoke to Andy yesterday and mentioned that I'd be up for a Deco course in the later part of the year.  Who'd be up for that?

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Put me on standby too please - MFA just run out but cant make a refresher `til next year

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Ok - list so far then:

Jay
Dave Willo
Fiona
Gavin
Ben
Tim(ing)
Kirky (provisonal)
Bren (lurker)

Seems the lot then! Any others interested, please post anyway and we'll see what Andy Hayhurst can arrange.

Full weekend agenda and Andy has come out tops again:

Arrive Friday night (plenty of guesthouses etc around Sedburgh - Fi & Gav stayed at a nice one and I'm sure they'll provide details if required)

Saturday - Gimble off into the Lakes for a couple of 'fun dives' (venues not decided so open to suggestions)

Saturday night - CPROX course (approx 3-4 hours total)

Sunday - Off again to another dive venue where Andy has agreed to show some Rescue procedures as well as first aid.

The course is the SDI CPROX course so is fully accredited and comes with manuals and slates. Final cost if £45 per person. If you don't fancy staying over, you can attend just the Saturday evening (as thats the course in full).

Can you all please bring your own equipment as far as possible - (cylinders, spare cylinders etc) as we don't want Andy having to stay up half the night filling the buggers!!

Can you also please send cheques for the full amount made payable to Andy Hayhurst, c/o Dalesdivers, Bramhaw, Sedbergh, Cumbria, LA10 5HP. Any queries, Andy can be reached on Tel/Fax (+44) 07702 819381.

Many thanks to Andy for pulling out a spare weekend for this and heres to another great YD training weekend!!

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Here, here Jay.

Nice one. Me and Fi and Tim stayed at The Dalesman. They have a website and make good breakfast.

Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Err.....training?? Who said anything about training??

Oh go on then....but I'm sure we can fit a sherry in somewhere on the gig though, right??

In answer to Tim's earlier kessjun, I shall being proving said group single malt - all those 'in need' of a stiffner are more than welcome to imbibe - purely for medicinal purposes you understand?!

This'll have to stop!!! YD-ers getting together, having  some top dives, enjoying each other's company AND learning stuff that'll save both theirs and other folks' lives??!!

Matron - Call the cops!!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I can say that "the Bull" was also a decent stopover, and they don't mind "early" breakfasts when asked (worth knowing in advance). Think it may not be as cheap as Dalesman (think I paid £30 or £32 for a single room inc breakfast), think Gav reckoned the Dalesman was about £25.

I don't need the O2 course but I'd be up for getting together for the diving and lending a general hand if it was useful to Andy,  especially dreaming up fiendish "rescue scenarios" to test you guys,  Baw haw haw haw...  :evilsmile: :monster:

Chee-az
Steve

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

Can I just put in a plaintive request not to go back to hodge close to dive please.  My legs have only just recovered from climbing up that bl**dy ladder fully kitted.

Ta!

Fi

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

OK - for all of you who have expressed interest in this weekend - can you please get cheques to Andy ASAP. His weekends are extremely valuable to him as he is now heavily committed to Trimix training and so we are in danger of losing this booking if we do not send him some cash! - understandable really as this is his business and he has offered this course on the cheap as  YD favour.

Regards

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Any places left for the ol' troublemaker Drifty? - can't confirm just yet as the jobs in limbo.....

(Edited by Driftwood at 8:44 pm on Dec. 9, 2002)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts