YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm trying to do some work for my brother on a logo, and have been given a starting photoshop image by a designer friend that I now need to make some changes to, and don't want to bother the author as it was a quick favour.
The problem is thiat it's using a couple of fonts I don't have installed on my machine, namely 'Akzindenz Grotesk' and 'Gill Sans'.
Does anyone know if these are available anywhere for download, obviously cheaper the better if i have to pay for them - I've had a quick look about but some are whole packages when i only want the one font.
Any help gratefully received.
Regards
Martin

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I've got 8 different styles of 'GILLS SANS' on my pc. Anyone in particular your after? They are nothing in size so I can forward them all on if you like. The other one I havn't got but I can have a look on my home pc tonight for you.

·
For the dives where one helicopter isn't enough
1,682 Posts
fonts.com seems to have a truetype version of Gill Sans @ £25 here
- dunno if that's any help?

Simon

·
Oz Ninja
453 Posts
font

150Pounds sterling for a font!

Akzidenz-Grotesk
Despite the "grotesque" name, this predecessor of Helvetica and Univers is a crisp, clean sans serif font that's a favorite among many designers.

However, Adobe carries Folio, a font that is similiar to Akzidenz-Grotesk at around $24

Hope it helps...:shade:

·
ego postulo urino
3,325 Posts
Hi
I'm trying to do some work for my brother on a logo, and have been given a starting photoshop image by a designer friend that I now need to make some changes to, and don't want to bother the author as it was a quick favour.
The problem is thiat it's using a couple of fonts I don't have installed on my machine, namely 'Akzindenz Grotesk' and 'Gill Sans'.
Does anyone know if these are available anywhere for download, obviously cheaper the better if i have to pay for them - I've had a quick look about but some are whole packages when i only want the one font.
Any help gratefully received.
Regards
Martin
When creating Logos it's better to eventually redarw the font or at least convert to curves....

If you're working from a Jpg or similar this can be traced....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts