YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

For all you motorbike owners/sympathisers!

767 views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  CrevisKing 
#1 ·
Imported post

I just got home from the shops and I saw my poor baby lying there helpless on it's side.

After I stopped crying I picked it up and thanked the Lord that I bought my bike those crash mushrooms for it's Christmas present. They just saved me about £600 worth of fairing panels, mirrors and indicators.

Bez'

#2 ·
Imported post

I garage mine so the current wind isnt a problem. Yesterday I pulled it out of the garage, gently placed it on the side stand between the two cars on my drive, it just fits, so I could close the garage door. Usually I knock it into 1st gear to stop it sliding down the drive, as its quite steep, yesterday I didnt, so what happens as I close the garage door, Yep down she slides. Just managed to spin round in time and pull her back up the drive by the screen. Tough these Triumphs.

Glad yours didnt get damaged either.

Rgds
Matt

#5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>sniff! sniff! sniff!

sold mine two weeks ago and its now sitting in someone elses garage.

you wait till you see what its paid for though!!!

i shall drop you a couple of hints..... its dive kit! its blacker than black!! and there aint many of them around!!

its custom made... and it comes from the states.

anyone care to take a guess?

to those of yoU that are in london.... Troy Bayliss is at the ducati showroom on the fulham road between 2 and 4pm on sunday.

Neil Hodgson was there last night! .....gutted!!!

regards

mark
www.divebelize.com

#6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Martyn Ward @ Mar. 20 2004,16:21)]Bloody hooligans with your greasy hair and leather jackets!

We didn't have that trouble with our Vespas and Lambrettas, just used to lean them on the mirrors.

And don't forget what we did to your sort at Brighton!!
NOT
Obviously not the day I was there??

BIkers Rule, sod off the lawnmower crowd.

James

#8 ·
Imported post

My 1200 Bandit still on its stand - probably too heavy to get blown over  

#9 ·
Imported post

Andy
that is just so WRONG. Brits bikes can go through the winter without having to hibernate until Spring.

Incidentally tried the latest Avons, better than Bridgestones and a bit cheaper too.

Mine has 36K on the clock and is absolutely dry as a bone.
Hang on a mo, I need to just check I put some in after the last oil change, phew.....I did.

Oh Martyn, Lambrettas and Abba, street cred nose dive or what!

Matt

#10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ Mar. 20 2004,18:42)]Oh Martyn, Lambrettas and Abba, street cred nose dive or what!
In a vain attempt to restore my street cred to it's previously low level:

I have NEVER driven,steered, ridden on or otherwise interacted in any way with, a Vespa or a Lambretta either in this life or any other!

In fact I've only been on a bike once. If memory serves me right, it was a Yamaha RD 250(?) I think, I was "backie" and to be honest, it frightened the s**t out of me.

Having said that, it was 23 years ago!

Now where was I?  Oh yes, I remember.....

Shortly after, I graduated to 18 wheelers and I am still convinced they're a whole lot safer!!

#17 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Martyn Ward @ Mar. 21 2004,13:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (narkedat50 @ Mar. 21 2004,13:29)]My first "bike" was a 50, so I can't really have too much of a go, but what the hell!

James  
In wwhich case my Raleigh 15 cog mountain bike's not gonna frighten too many folk then??

I don't know about that, did you have lollypop sticks in the spokes and no lights?

It's funny this should be leading this way, but do you remember the guys who didn't have motorbikes/scooters and used to run around on Choppers with leather jackets thinking they were "well ard"?  

Hope I've not just insulted half the forum!

James  

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.