YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
61 - 80 of 126 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, shame you gotta become a member of some forums in order to check whether it has any worthy content, not really a way of enticing membership IMO, in fact it has quite the opposite effect.
Left that way after a test - changed to open access. Thanks for pointing it out.

· the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
typo, as usual

Can someone please email me some names against numbers

I know who is 1018052 and 1138 ( I think)

Ta :)

11,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
look through some of their old posts.

When they have been quoted by someone else before the name changes then their old name remains in the quote ;)
Yeah I tried that. It's not enough and I can't be doing that for everyone :rolleyes:
Aha, I didn't realise you meant re quoting. Good thinking :)

Edit: takes too blooming long !

11,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
:D
It's not that bad

You must know me ;)
Letz - clue: coal repository ;)
:eek: I was thinking more of a sinker of ships :cry:
Cellar? Sack? Depot?
Cor blimey ! They don't help :eek:
Coal repository - Wales, Newcastle, mine, slag heap, engine .... am I getting close?

Sinker of ships - Brian from AQ or HP ?

It does take to long to go through loads of threads looking for quotes, life's too short :D
I know who 861-218 is 'cos of a green :p

Thanks anyway. If someone tells me their number, great, if they don't I just won't talk to them ;)

11,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Thank you 0112358, the clues all make sense now :p

& thank you 7107735

It's never going to catch on you know, far too hard to remember and I'm good with numbers !!

· Losing the Will...
3,815 Posts
You've been on YD less than 2 years. I would suggest this is why you feel like you do. Not saying that's wrong, just don't berate those who have alot time and effort invested
Who's being berated? The post was wrt to Jay's decision to sell. If you want to play the numbers game, in two years I've made over 3000 posts and been thanked more than 800 times so have also spent time and effort within this place, all given unconditionally without expectation of some sort of return. Nice if you get it, tough if you don't. I don't know why some are now saying they expected something more from the previous owner wrt the sale. He did what he needed to do. On these sites you give a bit; you take a bit, some just took, some gave a lot freely, all voluntary, no obligations implied or expected beyond the t's&c's, that's the way it works. Anything else is in the individual's own mind. No one was forced to use the site.

· I am a person NOT a number
7,695 Posts
On the other hand...

500+ have jumped shipped and gone to TDF, so the clique of YD has gone (well a few are hanging around to b*tch for a few more days). So TDF is immediately starting with a clique mentality, which will probably end up limiting them in the long run.
I don't think being a member of any of the new forums exclude you fom continuing being a YD member. I hope not as I intend to stay on here as well..

61 - 80 of 126 Posts