YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Weasily recognised or stoatily different?
1,130 Posts
Depends if you want to sell anything I suppose ;)
I've not seen anything about intro's being compulsory, but I would consider it good form if only to say "hello I'm here".
I don't even know how many actually read them, but I would consider it good form.

·
The King Of The Divan
1,843 Posts
Depends if you want to sell anything I suppose ;)
I've not seen anything about intro's being compulsory, but I would consider it good form if only to say "hello I'm here".
I don't even know how many actually read them, but I would consider it good form.
One thing that got on my tits here, was self-appointed guardians of ydland demanding people post an intro. Yawn.

·
Weasily recognised or stoatily different?
1,130 Posts
You know what - I don't think most people give a flying either way, but there will be people new and old there so posting a quick intro doesn't do any harm. If the idea of introducing yourself to new people is so offensive to you then don't. The choice is yours.

Incidentally, the only time I've seen people get upset about no intro was when the first post was trying to offload kit. Why is asking for someone to say a little about themselves under such circumstances so wrong?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Come on guys, cut out the puerile stuff and personal attacks

I agree that VS is wrong, the things they have been doing are outrageous and unacceptable. I also feel that Jay sold us out.

But it's time to stop behaving like a bunch of ASBO offenders ruining it for those who wish to stay or visit.
Granted, you have good cause to post threads discussing changes and making objections but most of the current threads have turned in witch hunts and are a disgrace to the memory of what YD once was.

At least 500 Community Members will be moving on, there's no doubt about that, but others may wish to still visit and a whole bunch of other YD members will make the new YD their forum.

It's pretty clear that all these protestations will have no affect but if you want to make a change do it sensibly, not trashing individuals. It's a right pile of pooh but if you're leaving, say good bye, give your reasons if you like, but move on.

I reiterate, I am totally against what has happened but it's not going to change however much you scream & shout. I expect VS are used to it, know it will happen and quite possibly make money out of the increased activity. Food for thought eh? You are quite possibly playing into their hands

It is unlikely I will visit here much in the future, being predominantly on TDF, so Happy New Year YDers and Safe diving
Hey Jets.

Getting in touch innit.

07880 527 681

JB.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts