YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

hi there,

I know that there are a few of you that dive in caves in the UK.  There is another site that is primeraly caving but has a cave diving section in it I have been asked to drum up some interest.

regards

DD

here

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I see you is the moderator of this said site. Poaching is more like it - only joking.

I've just added it to my favourites as I used to do some caving years ago during my scout days & recently have joined my local group ahead of a TDI Cavern Course. So it might prove useful in the future.

It's always difficult trying to drag your 4yr old daughter with you when your diving. It's not much fun for her in the dingy on the end of my blob line, at least with caving she gets to jump in the puddles and get muddy too.

gareth

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I would love to go cave diving with some other divers ,, done lots on my own , or deep flooded tunnels, which they are some good ones in Kent , if ya know where to look,

But it's a bastard not having a extra diver around to carry half my kit.

perhaps one i'll sign up and do a ticket and cave dive the following weekend by the time i'm 41

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Tell you what Andy, you can carry my kit for me. I've not got a ticket either, but if you want to come along, I'll tell you everything I know.

Then next time you go yo ucan get someone else to carry your gear.

·
Membership Cancelled
980 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ Feb. 11 2004,10:50)]Tell you what Andy, you can carry my kit for me. I've not got a ticket either, but if you want to come along, I'll tell you everything I know.
<font color='#8D38C9'>That shouldn't take long then!

The CDG BBS is really the best source of information in the UK.  On a wider sphere there are cave diving areas in TheDecoStop, the DiveOz forum and the Cave Diver's Forum plus many other Yahoo! Groups etc. etc. as well as foreign language ones.

Duncan

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Cheers Duncan,,,,, some good sites there, great photos........

Wish i had taken photos like some of them , from some of the long small holes i've been in,,,,,,,, I missed a classic, went in a 300 mts ADIT, and whilst swimming along there was a shovel propped against the wall, left by one of the diggers back in 1890..
Didn't have the heart to move it , but would have made a good shot.

DIGGER, I'll carry ya kit and you carry mine ,,,,,,,, NOW, when you taking me in a cave . Any near Stoney ? ,, will have my drybag and twim 3's ( indies )

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Oh God. We're all going to die. I'll lend you a copy of the manuals if you like, give you a better idea on whether it's for you or not.

Twin 3s? What are you going to do with them? I like to be in the water, not wading along the top!

Are you coming to Stoney Duncan?

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Digger,

i'm gonna do the HYDRO BOX at 36 mts , and have a swim about ,,,,, Twin 3's is good enuff. ( ain't it ),, I don't use much oxygen, as my lungs are full of that black shit from breathing in ya *** smoke.

Plus having Twin 3's , i can have a go at getting in this sunken boat thingy at the bottom of stoney

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Only thing that puts me off caves is ,,,,,,,,,

No bloody brass.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>hey Digger,

Just thought,,,,,,,,,,,, You know last weekend when we went up to the Loanda ,

Remember seeing them caves in the cliff, just under the coastguard station, WELL, i know for a fact that they haven't been dived , FANCY one time running round there in the tender and giving one a go ?

What they are , is the old air vents and cargo shafts going right back to NEOPOLON << sp >> days , for the troops at Dover castle, now there are some big sumps , that the tide has hade bigger, some drop to 300 ft.

Might be worth a day having a look and taken some snaps , as i know the chap that writes the books on WAR TUNNELS, from most of the sites here....... Now the one at Langdon battery is a good one, as it was the base for BIG BERTHA during WW II.

Have a thnk , mate

Andy

(( I want to be a caver , and NOW ))

1 - 11 of 11 Posts