YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Don't know about turns, but one of my club members (A BSAC 1st class) uses Force Fins and has no problem going backwards with them.

He's even mastered not kicking up silt with them, don't ask me how..

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I have a pair too, they are great on your legs because you do not seem to use the same power as other fins to get the same speed in the water and you seem less tired after a long dive. they do look and feel a bit odd at first, need a bit of getting used to.

·
Corner Queen
684 Posts
If you are considering buying some TRY THEM FIRST! I call them marmite fins ;) I dive with them and they are fantastic, would never give them up, they are great for me with dodgy hips, as they need a finning motion from the ankle, and I can bicycle with them (which for some perverse reason doesn't hurt as much as 'proper' finning).

Try em first tho, if you hate em you'll spit ;)

[email protected]

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
If you are considering buying some TRY THEM FIRST! I call them marmite fins ;) I dive with them and they are fantastic, would never give them up, they are great for me with dodgy hips, as they need a finning motion from the ankle, and I can bicycle with them (which for some perverse reason doesn't hurt as much as 'proper' finning).

Try em first tho, if you hate em you'll spit ;)

[email protected]
great advice I have osteo-athrittis in my hip knee and ankle until I started to use force fins I was in serious gip during and post dive, helicopter turns and backwards finning is fine although I can't frog kick but then I couldn't before ;)

As I have said before anyone is welcome to try them :teeth:

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Banned
765 Posts
they rock!
but you wont like them ;)
honestly, most people when they try them they hate them. mostly because they dont work very well if you try to fin normally, as taught, using the whole leg.they take getting used to. if you 'bicycle' they are very fast. because they dont enclose your foot, the cramping after long dives is reduced to nothing. you can do every finning technique u want, but you have to relearn how.
oh yeah, and they are expensive! :D

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Having a bulging disk in my lower back (that's finally healing), using normal fins and having to kick straight legged used to kill me. Couldn't do surface swims or fin for very long underwater. Now, I can keep up with the rest of them, even overtake a few if mood takes me. I've used them in the Red Sea and in Stoney. Absolutely brilliant, best investment ever (apart from drysuit!) so that I can enjoy my diving a whole heap more with no pain whatsoever. I've tried some sculling kicks, but not quite got the hang of it yet...

Shame hubby wanted to try them, but they won't fit!!!!

Cheers
S.

·
Registered
62 Posts
They are superb

Best fins Ive used. After quattros, cressi etc. they are great. Take a while to get used to but after that real easy. Ive modified mine as I have a real high arch and now with a few cunks taken out of the foot pocket are perfect. look stupid bt watch faces as you effortlessly surpass their performace. BUY THEM!!!!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
I call them marmite fins
Yeah they are marmite fins, and i hate them. I love my twinjets, they are effortless just like the force fins are alledged to be and you go dead quick with them if you need to.

If you dont get on with force fins try some twinjets.

Tim

·
Tek & RB Instructor: fluent in 'Franglaise'
1,028 Posts
Had a pair and didn't like them.

Went back to my JetFins that I'd had for fifteen years and apologised to them for being so disloyal...... :embarasse

Anyway they had me back, we went to some counselling and now we're fine.

I don't even look at other fins anymore.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.