YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

We are planning a Jan/feb trip to the Fort in the hope of finding a guaranteed bit of calm. I know the area well but have never used the Underwater centre.
Does anyone have any info. Is the accomodation partner acceptable, facilities as good as billed, worth a visit at all?
All wisdom gratefully received.
Thanks all.
:reindeer:

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

The diving is reasonable. The wrecks are good enough to keep you amused for a couple of days, but don't expect a Breda. I looked into doing a commercial course there and they sent me down 2 videos. 1 was a commercial one and the other for the sport side. If you give them a bell and tell them you're interested in the comm side these get sent down to you for free. Loch Linnhe always has great life( octos, cuttlefish, Doggies, etc). Can't comment on the accomodation as I have friends who stay 5mins down the road in Kentallen who incidently have one of the best scenics from their front door that I have ever done. 50mtr deep reef absolutely teeming with life.Jammy buggers
Peter

·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Cheers Peter, I'll try that. I used to dive with a guy who commercially qualified out of there and he was a serial nutter.
Must try the Kentallen reef - the refuse tip from th ehotel provided interesting scavenging on an out day. Clear off the crap and we were deep in Victoriana

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Richie,

Hobby's your man for Fort Bill. He did his Commercial ticket there and knows the site very well. He should be back on the site in the new year. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Thanks Bren,
I'll ask again in  week or so - need a light at the end of the tunnel at this time of year, Stoney doesn't quite do it somehow!
Cheers
Richard

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Ritchie,
       If your just looking for somewhere to go. Hire a caravan at Argyle and I'll sort you out with shore dives in Loch Fyne. Just a thought

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

I'd check the availabilty for Argyle Caravan Park as I know that they completely shut down for a few weeks at this time of year

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Erm..... I'd check with TUC about the dates... When my club went there we tried to sort it in the 1st week of December and the only weekend available to our group was in March!

It's a busy place. £500 deposit last time I checked and the place is yours.

For more info, see my post in Planned Trips

(PS Can I come? ;)

(Edited by Driftwood at 1:39 pm on Dec. 30, 2002)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts