YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It has been a very busy week at the National Diving & Activity Centre with the installation of four new underwater attractions.

We now have a new addition to Land Rover Lagoon, a Double Decker Bus, a Single Deck Bus and a 16 tonne Abbot Self Propelled Gun.

For the full story, further pictures and details of the individual attractions please click the link below.

Four new underwater attractions at NDAC dive site >

All the attractions are ready to dive now, so why not pop down and have a look yourself – with so many new attractions you might want to book a weekend with us in one of our Wooden Wigwams.

·
Losing the Will...
3,815 Posts
Thanks for the information. Am I correct in assuming there are no features, apart from an old toilet, in the deeper parts for safety reasons? Would be nice for there to be more down there.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Presumably there will be buoys on the bus? If so, it seems a fairly ideal training location - on top of the bus, well clear of the bottom, surface swim to the buoy and then down. If the work on the platform goes well you can explore by dropping off the edge a bit with a good solid visual and structural reference.

The NDAC seems to be doing all the right things. Again. Nice to see the competition in the UK between different dive sites driving improvements at most of the sites in the last couple of years.

Digs.

·
beware of imitations
790 Posts
Last time I was at the NDAC I wondered if it was perhaps time to remove and scrap a couple of the 'attractions'. The deep helicopter is a sad reflection of its former self; the deadheads seem to have smashed or broken off anything that can be smashed or broken off and the structure is falling to bits.

·
JJ Ninja
735 Posts
Thanks for the information. Am I correct in assuming there are no features, apart from an old toilet, in the deeper parts for safety reasons? Would be nice for there to be more down there.
Don't forget the mighty North Sea marker buoy in the corner. The premier attraction of the deep end. Hell of a swim out though.

Oh and the mighty Qualcast lawn mower. Had to lay line on that :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Presumably there will be buoys on the bus? If so, it seems a fairly ideal training location - on top of the bus, well clear of the bottom, surface swim to the buoy and then down. If the work on the platform goes well you can explore by dropping off the edge a bit with a good solid visual and structural reference.

The NDAC seems to be doing all the right things. Again. Nice to see the competition in the UK between different dive sites driving improvements at most of the sites in the last couple of years.

Digs.
Hi Digs,

I've spoken to the NDAC and they thank you for your positive feedback. All the new attractions have markers and shot lines attached, so you just need to follow the rope down to each attraction.

You can also sit on top of the bus, in the bus or even have a go at driving if you wish ;-)

They will also be updating the NDAC site map with the depths and location of the 2 busses, tank and landrover. You can find out when the maps are available by joining the NDAC Facebook page, twitter feed or subscribing to the news feed.

Hope that helps

metalfury

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.