YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just bought a new membrane suit my OH treated me to Fourth Element Artics for my birthday. He ordered, quite correctly a UK Ladies Size 10-12. I am a UK 10.

Well frig me what a struggle I had getting it on. The trousers were snug but would have been ok but the top, clearly size 10-12 women are not supposed to have boobs cause I couldn't get it down over mine.

So back they will have to go to be changed for a 12-14. I checked measurements on the size chart and the 10-12 should have been OK.Then I measured myself in case I had suddenly expanded and hadn't noticed.

Am disappointed because it was a birthday present and it means I can't dive my new suit on Saturday. But the worst thing is now I will have an item of size 14 clothing lurking in my house that my mother is sure to find and jump out and scream 'I knew it' :embarassed:.

Anyone else find Fourth Element sizes a little off or do I just need to lose weight?:frown:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I am waiting with anxious anticipation for all the lardy boys on YD (90% of the total membership) to pipe up in support of you on this :D

Paging LondonSean ;)

In all honesty though, my lovely wife's arctics are a couple sizes bigger than her norm.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Large Arctics were OK for me until they shrank a bit. XL would have been way too big. When I bought a SubXero, I had to exchange the top for a medium.

Not much help for your morale I guess :D

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Large Arctics were OK for me until they shrank a bit. XL would have been way too big. When I bought a SubXero, I had to exchange the top for a medium.

Not much help for your morale I guess :D
The problem with FE is that they do not take boobs into account.

Your moobs are pretty flexible due to their old-man sag, hence why you don't have a problem getting the smaller sizes on

Love you :D

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Think yourself lucky you got womens stuff to fit! around 50% of the female population are over a size 16, and yet they only go to a 16/18 and 18/20 in their undersuits only! Gits :( If you ask them for fat bird stuff, much like many other gear manufacturers they trot out the same excuse of "there is no demand for it" - thats because we all end up in blokes stuff you morons!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Helen, I am thinking of getting the men's ones cause Andy's fit me fine. The women's ones are more tailored and this means even smaller at the waist, upper arms and calves. So they seem to have taken into account womanly curves in some places and then forget about boobs, the most important curve of all :D

·
Naturally blonde - please type slowly
680 Posts
I wanted a set of arctics and I am a size 10 too. But 5ft 10" so quite tall. I tried on the womens fit and had to get a size 16 :)eek:) to get legs even close to long enough.... In disgust I tried the mens mediums. Perfect.

Clearly designed by someone whose never seen a women before....:D

·
Naturally blonde - please type slowly
680 Posts
Or only very tiny ones.
With no boobs
Or bums
Well short at least. I have not much in the way of boobs so no problem there, but make up for it in bum :( The mens fit better - not sure how to take that.
I was lucky. My lovely hubbie got me MTM Santi DZ400 which is divine. (Only cause he got one too, oh and a santi E-Lite dry suit too...:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
516 Posts
And don't get me started on the being tall thing... :D
Phoned them up the other week to ask what had happened to their Medium Tall size in their wetsuits. Apparently there wasn't much demand so they discontinued them a while ago. It was mentioned that quite a few other people had phoned up with exactly the same thoughts - obviously they haven't picked up on the hint :rolleyes:

I mean some companies even do a Small Tall size...

·
Registered
628 Posts
Perhaps they should just change the sizing to;

Skinny bitch (womens words not mine)
Skinny tall bitch
Fat Arse
Dolly Parton
Fat Arse and Dolly Parton
Amazonian
Freak (skinny arse and Dolly boobs) my personal favourite

At least its obvious what your getting but then again I can't imagine many women asking for fat arse over the phone:D

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I have met you and can't remember you being particularly lardy or having gynormous jugs and I'm usually very, very good at spotting jugs.
I think there could be a compliment in there somewhere Woz.
I'm usually stood beside Andy which is unfair because he is so skinny.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
I'm 5'2" and size small fits me but is snug. If I had a chest (breasticles) or was a few inches taller, the top would be tight and the crotch would be round my knees wearing the stirrups.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts