YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like to say that if you are thinking you might need some extra warmth without the buoyancy issues then the 4th Element Thermoclines are a very good option.

My wet suit options are 3mm and 7mm semi, so obviously opted to take the 3mm full length suit with me to the Redsea, but wasn't sure it was going to be warm enough. The last time I dived there it was in September 2005 and much warmer. The lowest temperature last week was almost 24 degrees but much warmer on some dives. I bought a Thermocline short sleeved top, I would have opted for a long sleeve but I do think 4th Element gear is sized oddly as my base layer and Arctics are completely different sizes, the thermocline was a size larger than my Arctics. I had planned on buying in time for my next trip but decided to try it out now.

I am glad I did the top gives you an equivalent to 2mm without effecting buoyancy, I don't think I would have been comfortable doing our hour long dives without the extra warmth.

I had also been looking at the 4th Element fins socks for a while and when Di and I were in Portland at Easter we bought some, they made getting your wet boots on and off very easy, I normally struggled with my boots as they don't have zips. So another good product from 4th Element :thumbsup:

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
I have the thermocline shorts and vest and can back up Fiona's recommendation.
I can see validity of the shorts but I'm not sure about the thermal properties of the other stuff ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

Reactions: Buoyant Babe

·
So much more than a child's play thing!
2,725 Posts
I have the thermocline shorts and vest and can back up Fiona's recommendation.
Are they the rubber nickers and plastic top you wore so fetchingly in Tenerife?

:teeth:

Gareth

·
Registered
51 Posts
On a side note, does anybody know anything about the fourth element proteus wetsuit?
yeah i do - i have had my proteus for about 6 weeks now and am very happy with it, it was a choice between the waterproof lynx and the proteus - but i went with gut instinct and havent been dissapointed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.