YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Here's the deal:

Me and liz live up near Oban, about 5 minutes from the Breda.

We have our own 3.8m/15hp inflatable which we want to use more than we do at present.

Basically, we're looking for someone who wants to go diving with us so that we can get some diving in.

What we're looking for is at the most, two divers. One would be perfect. Regular visitors or just a one-off visit, both okay.

Our normal time off is Sunday afternoon and all day Monday.

We're not charging anything, if anybody comes along, it helps us get in the water as well. Similarly, we're not going up the Sound of Mull either. We just want to do more diving, and check out some of the likely looking sites in the immediate area, not forgetting the Breda, of course!

Just to clarify, we're not looking for groups, one, at the most two divers with own kit. We can lend a tank if needs be.

If anyone is interested, drop us an email, or use the PM, and we'll give you more details.

Thanks all.

Martyn.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Well that's just fu**ing typical that is! As soon as I have a deffo diving ban, some wa**er appears with free diving.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssstttttaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddsssss!
Peter

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Mar. 29 2004,13:50)]Well that's just fu**ing typical that is! As soon as I have a deffo diving ban, some wa**er appears with free diving.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssstttttaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddsssss!
Peter
If that's the way you feel about somebody's genuine offer, then not only am I surprised, I'm also somewhat offended.

I thought YD'ers were a bit more civil than that.

If that's the calibre of response I can look forward to, it makes me wonder if it was worth making the gesture in the first place.

Yours VERY dissapointedly.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Martin, you will find that Pete has an unfortunate habit of upsetting people unintentionally.

His idea of humour I think.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Sounds like Peter has DDS (Dive deficiency syndrome)
. This is his type of humour and doubt it very much he meant badly.
Sounds like a great honest offer, pity I live to far away to take it.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

martyn
That's a fantastic offer and if i am ever up near you i will definately take you up on it.
jules:D

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Martyn, before you demand an apology here it is. Yes I do appreciate it's a good offer. I was just trying to show my disappointment that it's Murphy's law that when summat like that comes along I can't take you up on it. Probably blown all future chances as well now.

Sometimes things are just funnier in my head than others see them,
Peter

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Mar. 29 2004,19:31)]Sorry Martyn, before you demand an apology here it is. Yes I do appreciate it's a good offer. I was just trying to show my disappointment that it's Murphy's law that when summat like that comes along I can't take you up on it. Probably blown all future chances as well now.

Sometimes things are just funnier in my head than others see them,
Peter
Apology accepted, no harm done.

Humour threshold is a tad low at the moment. The caravan site has just opened for the season which means that not only are there people around again,(I get used to just seeing 5 or 6 faces all winter), but also my dogs have to be on their leads on the site, and worst of all, my working hours change from 37 hours a week and all weekend off, to 50 + hours, two late nights a week in the shop, two nights a week on cover and no weekends off and no holidays until september!

On the plus side, the sun's been shining all day today and the seafood shack down by the ferry terminal is open.

Prawn butties and a pot of tea by the harbour for dinner.

Suppose it's not that bad after all.  

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

So lets get this right free diving and you mention a campsite (I have a caravan = cheap accommodation,)
when I sort out some shifts and spare time I could well take you up on your offer.
Cheers

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

hmmm campsite...diving.....martyn and liz's pad.... sounds really goood,

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Mar. 29 2004,21:10)]hmmm campsite...diving.....martyn and liz's pad.... sounds really goood,
Errr, can I just make something clear please.

The diving is free,(apart from air).

We don't provide food,(most people rather strangely turn their noses up at bread and dripping anyway!).

We don't own the campsite. If we did, it would be "open house" for YD'ers, but unfortunately, the man who pays my wages insists that anybody staying here pays.  

Regards the "pad": it is a one bedroom flat,(with a cracking view out of the window, admittedly), but the bedroom has only got one bed.

That one bed will only take two people. And as accomodating as I am, I have to draw the line somewhere.  

It is not a double decker bus!

In simple terms, there 'aint room on top!

(hangs head and thinks: what a wasted opportunity!)

Okay??  

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Okay, I'm up for it if you want a dip - Shall I pick you up on the way Jules? It'll have to be later on in the year though if that's okay...

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Martyn,

Josie and I are in Edinburgh. We have the weekends off and have our own tented accomodation, so we could come up on Saturday and stay locally for a Sunday dive with you. We have our own cylinders and transport. Its not that far from Edinburgh so if you've nothing planned one weekend then your very welcome to call on us and if we're free we'll be along. To top it off we both did our RYA 2 powerboat course last year and if your obliging wouldn't mind taking the helm for boat cover. I'll PM you my contact details along with qualifications and experience.

Thankyou very much for your very kind offer. We hope we can take you up some time soon.

Dave C & Josie too.

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Noel Johnson @ Mar. 29 2004,22:12)]Okay, I'm up for it if you want a dip - Shall I pick you up on the way Jules? It'll have to be later on in the year though if that's okay...
You are on!
I am sure there are B and Bs in oban and the odd hotel (with the emphasis on the odd...i think i have been drunk in one of them)
LAter on in the year would be just great!

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Martyn

This sounds a very reasonable and sensible request, and I am sure lots of others will feel the same. You are a bit of a distance from me (around 600 miles round trip), so I won't be coming up for a day, but there is no reason we can't have a few YDers up for a long weekend or similar? Admitedly the boat might be a bit small for that, but I'm sure we could get one up there or one of the local Scottish clan could bring one round?, we could even shore dive, I'm not shy! I would also be interested in more details of the caravan facilities, preferably static, and does it have a web site? I realise this is slightly off what you originaly ment, but a couple of these weekends could help boost the site occupancy, help improve your experience/diving and be a good laugh? You could even go on a couple of the trips others organise up that way, you wouldn't need accomadation and there's always someone going up??

James  

1 - 15 of 15 Posts