YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

At a bit of a loss at the moment so thought I would see if the always vocal YD folks could help out.

I'm interested in doing a freediving course, partly as I'm just interested, partly as I heard it can help air consumption when using scuba and partly as it will put a 5mm semi dry to some good use.

The problem I'm having is finding a training provider. They seem to be few and far between in the UK and mostly based in the south.

Anyone know of any instructors in the North East?

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would be interested to hear people's thoughts too, I like the idea of freediving but don't know where to start.
I've been looking at the No Tanx site but travelling into central London has been putting me off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had checked out this site already, as well as the company in Glasgow offering the courses.

I seem to be in the middle of a triangle of courses which are just a little too far away.

I'm not so concerned about the course being so close, but was looking for somewhere which might have a source of ongoing coaching/buddies etc.

Anyone any ideas of somewhere a bit closer to home?

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I managed to get in touch with Steve and have booked onto a course for later this month. :)

Also turns out there are a few free diver's around here looking to try to start a regular group, so was definitely worth persisting.

Looking forward to getting started!

J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts