YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Still young enough to know everything
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any front-entry neo suits around that aren't incredibly expensive? I've seen the DUI suits, the Bare XCD2 tech Dry or whatever, and the Poseidon Flexisuit, but looking at the price tags, I don't think that I could really afford any of them.

Any got any suggestions?

Cheers in advance :)

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Front Entry neo?

Otter do one, the mako. dunno what it costs.

Reactions: James-S

·
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
why neo james?
Yer neo isn't DIR ;-) (apparently........I heard..........may want to check)
Exactly :D ha no because, going by Seaskin, which unless i can find a front entry on for a good price I will probably end up getting, it's cheaper than membrane, and I don't have to buy as many undersuits to be just as warm. Also, I prefer the more solid feel of a neoprene - the membranes that I've dived felt a bit flimsay.

·
Gettin' busy with the fizzy..
708 Posts
the only neo i've found to be truly flexible is the dui ones which are only about 3mm thick crushed neo but they cost a small fortune compared to a decent membrane suit.

·
Banned
3,724 Posts
Wait, hold the phone - are ALL membranes more flexible than neoprenes?!?:confused:
well, going purely on the thickness of material, they should be! would be more flexible in a bin liner, or a sleeping bag?

decent membranes aren't flimsy. I had one MTM for £450 with pockets and everything by dry duck alan on the wirral in 2000 - it's still going strong.

·
Out of his depth
386 Posts
This is an old (but quite good) website that answers loads of kit questions, including your current membrane / neo quandary. Bitz Scuba Diving Equipment Guide - Wet Suits, Dry Suits and Options

Also loads of good tips on making things yourself.

It's probably not been updated in about 10 years, but the general advice is good even though it doesn't take into account recent brands.

·
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, going purely on the thickness of material, they should be! would be more flexible in a bin liner, or a sleeping bag?
But if you are in a bin bag, you have to wear a sleeping bag underneath to be warm ;)

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
the only neo i've found to be truly flexible is the dui ones which are only about 3mm thick crushed neo but they cost a small fortune compared to a decent membrane suit.
I had one of these mtm - for someone else, I got it 2nd hand and did Cave 1 in it, no probs with the valves.
Often your undergarments can be the things stopping you reaching your valves.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts