1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts

·
Long time no sea
710 Posts
Do one.

guilty as charged. My slacks didn't match my tank top whilst I walked along the Hoe this morning in the spring sunshine. The sea was such a blue colour that my loafers looked quite out of place. In fact when I went for a dive after work on tuesday my lack of hair gel made my hair quite frightful in the light breeze. My drysuit is blue eeeeugh and my torch yellow; a tragic mismatch particularly when it can be seen from such a distance in the best viz we've had for 3 years.

Neill

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Well having been born and brought up in Plymouth as well as now residing on the Devon coast my reply would be this.

I think that survey may well be correct.:frown: Those who have met me will confirm that sartorial elegance isn't really my strong point. Fortunately all fashion makes a return at some point so my purple shell suit, tartan slippers and string vest actually mark me out as something of a trend setter.:)

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
I think Weymouth should top the polls for worst dressed and ugliest chavs in the UK. Sorry, but I'm no oil painting and I feel like a veritable godess walking round town.

Women in the autumn of their life seem to think it is chic to wear stuff like very short sleeveless fur trimmed jackets with leggins and their belly hanging out, accessorized by a high pony tail of yellow hair with black roots adorned with a plastic flower scrunchy.

Kappa white joggers and obligatory hoodie are the latest must haves for men, except those who think the height of gorgousness is a nylon footie strip with beer belly, black socks and plastic trainers.

I've seen babies in buggies with nail varnish, pierced ears and furry moon boots eating giant tubs of pringles at 9am. And people so fat they can't walk and have to zoom around on motorised scooters with cankles hanging over their velcro fastened shoes or slippers.

I feel like shouting, "oy, you, stop eating pies and chips and look in a mirror before you go out."

Am I a snob?

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
I think Weymouth should top the polls for worst dressed and ugliest chavs in the UK. Sorry, but I'm no oil painting and I feel like a veritable godess walking round town.

Women in the autumn of their life seem to think it is chic to wear stuff like very short sleeveless fur trimmed jackets with leggins and their belly hanging out, accessorized by a high pony tail of yellow hair with black roots adorned with a plastic flower scrunchy.

Kappa white joggers and obligatory hoodie are the latest must haves for men, except those who think the height of gorgousness is a nylon footie strip with beer belly, black socks and plastic trainers.

I've seen babies in buggies with nail varnish, pierced ears and furry moon boots eating giant tubs of pringles at 9am. And people so fat they can't walk and have to zoom around on motorised scooters with cankles hanging over their velcro fastened shoes or slippers.

I feel like shouting, "oy, you, stop eating pies and chips and look in a mirror before you go out."

Am I a snob?
I have to say this isn't just a Weymouth problem. In the recent warm weather we were treated to the sight of packs of chavs minus their football shirts displaying the finest bling that Elizabeth Duke could supply draped over their pasty skeletal chests as they peddled their ridiculous toddlers bikes along the sea front. It nearly put me off my cornetto.:frown:

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I remember a few years ago standing outside an office block in Bristol with a few people playing the mirror game.

In the time it takes to smoke a cigarette, all three of us had seperately counted about 20 people walking past who had obviously not looked in the mirror before they left home.

So, (and this is the bit that hurts) I agree with Frosty that it isn't just a Weymouth problem, and that Bristol also has crappily dressed people.
:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts