YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi there. I am using 128mB smartmedia cards and have a problem with one of them. When I load it into my Oly C4040Z in any mode the camera freezez and wont allow access etc etc, nor will the lens move forward in auto mode. Basically the top screen shows the last settings used with a flashing "81" which I assume is the number of frames left on the card.

I cant get to format/erase the card etc cos the camera wont let me.

Anyone got any useful hints before I bin the card. All other cards work OK

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Have you tried reformatting the cards with a card reader attached to a PC?

Other than that Can't help.  

Were you at Crap'n'rainy on Saturday Kirky?

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

That was you wasn`t it !!! I was gonna ask but couldnt remember the avatar. Next time I1ll say hello !!!

Did the pics turn out ??

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Tim - your a star - reformatted via PC and have recovered not only the card but the pics on it - god knows how that worked out.
thanks for the advice

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Yea the pics turned out ok.  The water was clear and bright so would've liked to have spent some quality time taking piccies but only really managed to get off a couple of shots as we were doing some trainee stuff.

I realised only on my way to the water that it was you - I'd been wracking my brain and then it suddenly hit me.

Glad the reformatting worked but It'd probably be wise to just use the card for emergencies.  Can't believe you got the photos back as well - that's very strange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts