YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple pairs of these...

Handy protective and waterproof gloves.

Unfortunately they're too small for me (I've got massive hands, apparently). Usual price is £3 + £1 delivery but I'll accept £3 delivered per pair - don't forget these are brand new and totally unused (I only bought them last week!). One pair in two sizes are available - size 8 (Medium) and size 9 (Large). Suitable for fitment to most dryglove ring systems, they're very tough and are just the thing for giving you that 'b*stard gooey instructor from hell' look...

Payment by Paypal please... :)

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
lol - you mean you don't break out into a cold sweat whenever you see a pair of blue gloves? Just you wait 'till Tech-1... ;)
The colour isn't a problem it's the person inside them who scares the sh*t out of me :D

(only joking - anyway I think she has gone diving so won't see this)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
you're not gonna believe this, but tried them for the first time today with some fleece under gloves and they were perfect, so don't want to swap now. without the under glove they seemed way too big. i've sold a few pairs on ebay before when i've screwed up on sizing. take heart, i've bought gloves that are too small and too large in the past! they also work really well when you get it right.

these guys are pretty good and have a range of sizes: Protec Direct PPE - Personal Protective Equipment and Protective Clothing

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
I sell Showa gloves, I'll have a look tomorrow see what they cost. I have a direct account with them, I may be able to get a decent price as I sell buy them a gross at a time.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I sell Showa gloves, I'll have a look tomorrow see what they cost. I have a direct account with them, I may be able to get a decent price as I sell buy them a gross at a time.
Ooooh, if you can get the black 660ESD ones without charging £7 postage (as the only other place i've found that sells them does) that'd be handy! :D

David

·
Registered
680 Posts
Ooooh, if you can get the black 660ESD ones without charging £7 postage (as the only other place i've found that sells them does) that'd be handy! :D

David
The place you have found them has the worst customer service you are ever likely to meet as well. Still waiting for my black ESD's some 3 months on, useless buggers.

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
I've just had the Showa rep in, what a coincidence!

Showa 660, blue only, £2.38 inc vat + delivery
Showa 660ESD, black only, £2.80 inc vat + delivery
Showa 710 nitrile, blue only, £2.75 inc vat + delivery

The 710 Nitrile are thinner than the 660's but tougher apparently. The 660's are the most popular.

I'm off to the Post Office in a minute, I'll find out how much for the postage. They have plenty in stock in all sizes except the size 11, limited numbers of them.

They come in packs of 10, which isn't a problem, they would always sell through. If anyone is interested in any, once I get an order together they'll turn up in 2-3 days and can then be sent on.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I've just had the Showa rep in, what a coincidence!

Showa 660, blue only, £2.38 inc vat + delivery
Showa 660ESD, black only, £2.80 inc vat + delivery
Showa 710 nitrile, blue only, £2.75 inc vat + delivery

The 710 Nitrile are thinner than the 660's but tougher apparently. The 660's are the most popular.

I'm off to the Post Office in a minute, I'll find out how much for the postage. They have plenty in stock in all sizes except the size 11, limited numbers of them.

They come in packs of 10, which isn't a problem, they would always sell through. If anyone is interested in any, once I get an order together they'll turn up in 2-3 days and can then be sent on.

You have a PM.. :)

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
The Post Office have quoted

£1.38 for 1 pair of gloves and £1.84 for upto 4 pairs of gloves 1st class.

I have a few jiffy bags lying around at work which I can post them in, they cost about 30p each and will take 4 pairs of gloves.

So £1.68 postage & packing for 1 pair and £2.14 p & p for upto 4 pairs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts