YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
life is for diving.. anything else is speculation
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a question regarding the Uwatec Galileo Sol or Luna with PMG upgrade, as despite extensive searching on the internet I can't seem to get a solid answer.

It mentions in the Sol manual that if you are using the computer with 2 or more transmitters, once paired with the computer, the pressure, partial pressure 02 etc are displayed in the gas summary table on the surface.

Once on a dive, does the computer display both cylinder pressures on the main screen in classic/full configuration without having to switch to the Gas summary page? Also if you are breathing off Tank T1, and the computer is calculating remaining air time at depth etc, for that tank, and you switch to T2, will it recalculate based on what it reads from Tank T2? I hope this explaination makes sense, but if not, please let me know and I'll try to clarify

smk82

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
OK....first I stress I haven't got one of these so I'm only going by what's in the manual.

The computer will run on the main screen with the PredictiveMulti Gas scenario based on the gases you've programmed in. In the background it is also running what happens if you finish the dive with the gas you're currently breathing.

I think the only way to view T2 and TD is through the gas summary screen or by actually switching to those gases

·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering if if it, because if you have a transmitter set up as "Buddy", it displays this in the full and classic screen configs. Was wondering if if did the same for T2 (if your using 2 transmitters), instead of displaying buddy.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
I was wondering if if it, because if you have a transmitter set up as "Buddy", it displays this in the full and classic screen configs. Was wondering if if did the same for T2 (if your using 2 transmitters), instead of displaying buddy.
No I could only see references to the buddy tank too. TBH I'd be wary of relying on something that you could switch tank displays on easily. I think it's correct that it should only display current cylinder info or all cylinder info rather than being able to select which one to display.

·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not saying I'd rely on it. I still have my analog SPG connected to each tank as a back up. However this saves faf and puts everything in one place for ease. It just would be convenient for everything to be on one screen, rather than having to switch.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
It senses which tank you are breathing from and adjusts everything accordingly.
I am just waiting for the missus to get her sender fitted so I can test what is going on but I am sure for the buddy it will only show tank pressure.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hello All,

Once on a dive, does the computer display both cylinder pressures on the main screen in classic/full configuration without having to switch to the Gas summary page?
Haven't tried in full mode but I suspect the answer is no. Definately not in classic mode.

Also if you are breathing off Tank T1, and the computer is calculating remaining air time at depth etc, for that tank, and you switch to T2, will it recalculate based on what it reads from Tank T2?
Yes for air time.
No for deco time as it works the other way around. It runs the calcs based on doing the accel deco. If you omit the gas, the calcs are re done

·
Registered
353 Posts
I guess you could register the transmitter as both T2 and buddy. The only issue is that I think the transmitter switches off if there is no pressure change after a certain time, so its not going to work.

In fact this is one update I would like to see for sidemount configs. IE Being able to specify displaying two transmitter readings at the same time displayed on left and right side of the screen.even when one is not being breathed from

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
The problem I see for setting one of the transmitters for buddy is that the computer assumes your buddy is breathing that and so doesn't take it into account for deco calcs.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The problem I see for setting one of the transmitters for buddy is that the computer assumes your buddy is breathing that and so doesn't take it into account for deco calcs.
Agreed. That's why I was wondering if it was possible to get the transmitter to be recognised as both the T2 and buddy input. Will give it a try when I get some spare time

·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed. That is exactly my point:). I'm glad someone else gets the idea!

·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know that. I was querying if rather than displaying "buddy" in classic/full config, you could set it to show T2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts