YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of asking Santa for a new games console. I prefer the platform or puzzle type games and don't like 'shoot 'em ups', driving etc.

I had been thinking of a DS Lite or perhaps a Wii - particularly for the Zelda / Mario games.

The problem is I have loads of diff consoles (latest being the Game Cube) but only seem to like a few games.

I'm also keen on getting a newer Franklin dictionary/thesaurus (the keys are knackered on my old one) and have picked theDMO-119 BUT I am wondering about a palm sized widget that does the same but also does maps (OS maps) and ............. stuff.

Any suggestions?

:)

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Wii and I think it even plays Game cube games....

The Wii seems to be coming into stock more over the last week, I've known nearly everybody that's been looking for one to actually get at least one.

Davie.

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
I'm similar to you in that cerain games appeal to me Halo for instance, but as a PS2 owner would I buy the Box for it's 'killer app' - I dunno.

The jury's out on the PS3/X-Box 360 argument, espeially as I'm curious to see hour the HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray thing will go, so I thought I'd try a Wii. They are good fun, even Kirstie likes it :).

Personally, although I like the user interface, I'm not sure about the longevity of the games for me, I tend to like FPSs more than Mario-stylee stuff so we'll see.

Handhelds don't really appeal to me, I had a Gameboy Advance and hardly ever used it, therefore have not even looked at PSPs or DS Lites.

r
P

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
The Wii seems to be coming into stock more over the last week, I've known nearly everybody that's been looking for one to actually get at least one.

Davie.

I'd agree, Game in Plymouth had about 20 today, and the ones on E-bay are selling for a bit less than the past few days, one's just gone for 200 quid, so I'm glad I didn't buy half a dozen expecting to make a fortune selling them on :)

R
P

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wii and I think it even plays Game cube games....

Davie.
I didn't know that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts