YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Anyone heard this before?

One of the girls down our club has taken off the reflective strip from the top of her hood as apparently gannets see a silvery thing 6 inches below the the water, think "fish" and attack the diver.

I argued that this was cobblers, but she was convinced. It can't be true, can it?

Laters,
   Janos

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

I dont know if its true or not, but i am gonna start following divers with these stripes on with my camera at the ready!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Imported post

Boy, if they did - you're dead.  
 Think the sight of the rest of your kit might put them off (I was going to type bubbles, but I realised I haven't heard of a rebreather user with a Gannet impaled in his/her/it's head - yet).

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Don't believe it for a second. Gannets must have good eyes under water to dive as deep and chase fish, and lets face it, everythings smarter than a mackerell.

James  

·
Registered
58 Posts
Imported post

ooooh from that comment I reckon your a marked man james, they're gonna get ya!!
.  Hmm trained gannet diver attack squadrons over protected wrecks, now theres a thought...  

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Janos @ Mar. 04 2004,19:00)]One of the girls down our club has taken off the reflective strip from the top of her hood as apparently gannets see a silvery thing 6 inches below the the water, think "fish" and attack the diver.
Well I know this whole deep air argument has been done before but maybe she could push the envelope and try a bit deeper.  

Or just trade the whole lot in for a snorkel!

Daz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts