YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all, looking for a bit of feedback on types of gas analyser.
I'm currently looking to buy one of the above items instead of constantly borrowing my mates and have checked most of the available brands.
Has anyone got ony comments on:

ANALOX MINI O2 EII

SUUNTO DYNATRON OXYSPY

VANDAGRAPH VN202

Now, aside from these, the prices are all within £30 of each other, are there any others you can reccomend.
I would also be interested in an analyser that can measure helium content along with oxygen if such a beast exists

Cheers, Stu.

(Also posted on Dnet)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Stu,

I can thoroughly recommend the Analox, easy to calibrate and a doddle to use. Robust and travels well to boot.

·
Diving in the sand
224 Posts
Imported post

I have to agree with Bren the Analox is a great little bit of kit. I have used both of the others and they are fine , but for simplicity and compactness the Analox is better. I have used one for a year and would definitely recommend it

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Cant coment on the others but my Analox is a good bit of kit and very reliable.

Mark Chase

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Can't go far wrong with the Analox - mine's stood up to some serious abuse recently and had not one problem with it.
If you're looking to analyse Helium, expect to spend around a grand. So maybe not then.  Still, if you've mixed the O2 and air component OK the maths will sort out the He content.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Was expecting about £800 ish, probably a "club together" item

Analox seems to be the most popular by far!

Stu.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

I will check with Pete but I beleive he got a verry good deel on a helium analisor and it was still over a grand (£1100 I think) but I might be wrong perhaps that was the list price so I will check.

Mark Chase

·
Registered
480 Posts
Imported post

Can definitly recommend Analox.

I've had mine since October last year, and last w/e (13/07) it developed a problem with false readings. Analox asked for it to be sent back. Was sent back on 15/07, and it was back with me on 17/07, with new sensor fitted FOC.

They also did a special deal for qualified instructors.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

The cheapest one buy far is one you make yourself, its just as good as the off the self ones, you can call it what you want!, and you dont have to be a electronics wizard to build it, plus you actually learn something about how they work.
It only costs around £20 for the components and the usual £50 or so for the sensor and your not tied to the same sensor every time either so can shop around for the cheapest, check out www.oxycheq.com
You will probaly have to get the digital panel meter from over the water as I did, having said that you may be able to find one over here, but the rest of the components you can get anywhere.
I have put the sensor in the box and have a Anolox type dome flow restrictor on it so I dont need a flow meter or jacks, but its down to your personal preference how you have it set up.
Give it a go you`ll be suprised how easy it is!

PS, If you need the circuit diagram Ill give you one though you can get a basic one at www.oxygenanalyzer.com/sensors ,its in the home brew section

1 - 9 of 9 Posts