1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

For anyone interested on the US e-bay there is a Haskel

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....y=45039

I cannot afford it at the minute but boy do I want it !!!!

May be of use to someone - dollar is real low right now.

Chris.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Imported post

Chris,
I wouldn't get too excited about this booster after all its coming up 7 years old and not suitable for use with oxygen. To modify the unit you will need to spend £500 just for the seal kits and then there are other parts you'll need to change to make it safe i.e. get rid of the stainless steel exhaust piping and remake this to stop the routing of the gas through it, not to mention the monel gas end caps etc.
All is not what it first appears - this is a recipe for somebody blowing themselves (& possible others) into little pieces.

Gary

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>What you want to one of the hand crank ex-MOD jobbies a la Hayhurst. Used for refilling the O2 rebreathers and erm, "solidly" built for mil'try life.....

He paid something silly for his, wish I could find one (any MOD auctions coming up?)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I heard about somebody with one of those - gave one of my club instructors the shock of his life when he stuck a broom-handle into his gas booster and started pumping away to fill his cylinder

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>For the small amount of O2 you loose, why would anyone pay over £600 for it.  Isn't it easier just to get your O2 cylinders topped up again.

Fiona  

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imported post

Eh, oxygen isn't cheap but the main issue will be helium. That price isn't bad actually, I had seen them going for much more.

Lawrence

1 - 7 of 7 Posts