YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question

Should the gauge pressure remain the same when pressurised but gas supply turned off. Both my stage regs are loosing pressure - if gas supply turned off then the pressure reduces slightly - after an hour they will move 100bar. Is this normal, regs are MK25 scubapros with G250 second stages. I am assuming that this is an indication that they need servicing as they do not hold pressure when de-pressurised.

Thanks all

·
Registered
989 Posts
Question

Should the gauge pressure remain the same when pressurised but gas supply turned off. Both my stage regs are loosing pressure - if gas supply turned off then the pressure reduces slightly - after an hour they will move 100bar. Is this normal, regs are MK25 scubapros with G250 second stages. I am assuming that this is an indication that they need servicing as they do not hold pressure when de-pressurised.

Thanks all
In my experience, could be a leak around the swivel on the gauge.

Have a listen for it leaking or pressure regs and pop it in the bath

HTH

Dan

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Mine dont seem to leak here with button or small contents gauge and a reg. Remain pressurised literally from one week to the next in the shed. Mk25 second stage here too on one.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
They shouldn't leak, and while its that slow it isn't a problem at the minute... but may be an indication of something slowly failing, so best to find out what it it.

If you can't see any bubbles when you put it in the bath (or wherever), try it with a different SPG, with a different 2nd stage, etc, to try to narrow down to the bit that's leaking. Alternatively just take it apart and put it back together, checking the o-rings as you do so.

David

·
Sorry for being a dick
1,757 Posts
pressurise the whole system and then stuck it in a trough of water. This shouls show you were it's leaking from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts