YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all my name is grant . Im a bsac sports diver but bin away from diving for couple of years. But think the time is right to av another go. most of my diving has been done abroad . I work shifts so will be looking to dive mainly in the week am up for any type of diving . I have still got most of me old kit just need regs n computer ,thinking of jetstreams (mans regulator ) and maybe a quantum or gekko comp as not arsed about downloading . Any advice welcome.
cheers Grant

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Hi and welcome to YD:)
Gekko user here - tis fine for me but you need to consider maybe what sort of diving you may be doing in the future and whether it will cater for that. Loads of advice if you look under the appropriate kit forum or use the search feature as similar questions are asked all the time.

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Hello and welcome to YD. The Gekko is a perfectly capable computer, as long as you are doing the sort of diving that it is good at, which I imagine you will be. Its a good computer for getting into diving.
Personally though I use a Mares M1, mainly because I picked up a brand new one at the dive show last year for under 100 quid!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.