YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
New Member ? Its the same one i've always had
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 and a bit years and 200 + dives, my trusty Gekko appears to be having a 'Helen Keller' moment:frown: Works fine in clock mode but as soon as i hit the water its shows "AC" and thats that. I know that this means "Active Contacts" but it should switch to dive mode once i descend below a metre. My LDS suspects that this means that the pressure transducer has popped its little clogs and consignment to the bin is the only answer. Any Idea's amongst the massed ranks of the YD distributed intelligence ?

PS: I don't do tech dives, I'm not likely to be doing tech dives for at least another 3 years and i can't afford one anyway so "Buy a VR3" is not a constructive answer.:)

Hoping that somebody can help. insert finger crossing smilie here

·
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually replaced with a brand new battery, made no difference whatsoever.

I am probably going to get an analogue depth gauge, (useful for backup when....), which combined with my watch will enable me to plan my dives and dive my plans using the PADI Wheel,:eek:mg: , I'm going to do the IDC and IE in September so i figure that this will be good practice.:)

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Try sending it back to the sunto distributor for a "battery change" round here they are very helpfull and sometimes even replace them FOC
HTH
Simon A

·
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoke to the nice man from Suunto today.
If it was less than 2 years old AND i'd bought it in Australia, they would replace it FOC.
If it was over 3 years old AND i'd bought it in Australia then they would fix it for "the reasonable sum of" $400....

$400!...........FFS!:angry: My LDS sells brand new ones for $499.

Still, as i actually bought mine some 3 1/2 years ago in the UK i guess i'm fcuked either way.:frown:

Anybody know anything about the Oceanic Geo ?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Keith, have you thought about posting it back to Suuntto in the UK? They have been really helpful when things went wrong with two of our computers, and replaced or repaired them very quickly. They have also not charged me a penny yet!!:) :) :)

Would at least be worth a call:

Suunto Diving Marine UK
Faringtdon Business Park, Lower Farringdon, Alton, Hampshire GU34 3DZ
Tel: 01420 587272

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts