YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Curious to find out what UK diving is like? Fancy a couple of days summer diving with your friends? Desperate to go diving but you're on a budget? Or do you just want a social weekend away by sea?

You're invited to the Anglesey ScubaFest on Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th September 2012

Grab your friends and head for North Wales. It doesn't matter what kind of diver you are, there is going to be a range of different activities for all levels, including a photography splash in and your opportunity to try out the latest equipment in the sea.

If you're a dive club fortunate enough to have your own boat, bring it along. The launching is easy and there's some really stunning sites not far off shore. Plus there's free storage for your trailer / RHIB overnight at the Anglesey Outdoor Centre.

In addition there's a plethora of accommodation to suit everyone's pockets; from credit crunch camping and hostels, to B&B's and hotels.

Prices start from £19 for unlimited shore diving, two nights camping, breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning (Breakfast bap and hot beverage) and a Hog Roast and live band on Saturday night.

Suunto have very kindly said they'll sponsor the Hog Roast for everyone who books to stay at the Anglesey Outdoor Centre via the website; Anglesey Scuba Fest Anglesey

Activities include;

• Unlimited shore diving in beautiful Welsh waters
  • Join in the combined BSAC Underwater Litter Pick / Project AWARE Beach Clean up
  • Your chance to get your sticky paws on shiny new toys and try them out in the sea
  • Discover Scuba experiences
  • Sidemount and Rebreather Try Dives
  • Static Apnea Workshops
  • Social weekend diving with like minded divers
  • Hog Roast with all the trimmings, including Pudding sponsored by Suunto
  • Live Band on Saturday night
Any questions, by all means drop me a PM and I look forward to seeing you there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotta love Fourth Element! They've just confirmed that they will give the first 100 divers who book their place at the Anglesey ScubaFest, a free air fill from Anglesey Divers.

As we've sold just shy of 50 camping tickets, you'd better get your skates on. Jump onto Anglesey Scuba Fest Anglesey to get your tickets.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you planning on coming to Anglesey ScubaFest? Then why not bring the kids and let BSAC introduce them to the fun of rock pooling with the new BSAC Beachcomber! During the weekend BSAC will be running free Beachcombing sessions on Porth Dafarch beach, Anglesey, where youngsters can discover more about the fascinating critters that inhabit our coastline.

Each Beachcomber session will last approx an hour and each child will get a certificate, a BSAC Beachcomber pack and T-shirt for taking part. Plus, you (and your kids) can also get your face painted as a marine animal - free for kids of all ages!

To book a place on a BSAC Beachcomber session on the day, go to the BSAC information tent on Porth Dafarch beach (open from 8.30am, first session starts 10am) where you can also find out more about diving and snorkelling as a family with BSAC.

And if you don't fancy this Apeks Aqua Lung Hollis, Mares, Oceanic and Suex Scooters have all booked in with shiny toys for you to try out in anger in the sea.

Finally if you got a non-diving other half, the 4 star luxury Quay Hotel (Quay Hotel & Spa in North Wales | Spa Hotel in Conwy Llandudno) is doing one day Spa passes for £10. It would be rude not too....

For ScubaFest ticket and accommodation information go to Anglesey Scuba Fest Anglesey and come and join in the fun.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Re: Get your tickets now for the Anglesey ScubaFest - Sat 8 & Sun 9 September 2012

Just out of interest, am I the only person from these boards that is going?

I've booked for camping and Hogroast

Edit: How do I know if I qualify for a free air fill, and if I qualify,how do I go about getting it?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just out of interest, am I the only person from these boards that is going? I've booked for camping and Hogroast
No idea Paul because people have booked in under their real names rather than their YD handle. But over 100 divers bought tickets for this and tickets are still selling. Most people are camping.

Edit: How do I know if I qualify for a free air fill, and if I qualify,how do I go about getting it?
Yes, you've qualified for one free air fill. You will need to go Anglesey Divers to collect it. I'll be putting an Excel spreadsheet up at the centre listing who has qualified and directions to Anglesey Divers. Plus you might win a night for two in a 4 star luxury hotel (The Quay).

See you Friday night Paul!
- Roz

Reactions: 71077345

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Re: Get your tickets now for the Anglesey ScubaFest - Sat 8 & Sun 9 September 2012

No idea Paul because people have booked in under their real names rather than their YD handle. But over 100 divers bought tickets for this and tickets are still selling. Most people are camping.

Yes, you've qualified for one free air fill. You will need to go Anglesey Divers to collect it. I'll be putting an Excel spreadsheet up at the centre listing who has qualified and directions to Anglesey Divers. Plus you might win a night for two in a 4 star luxury hotel (The Quay).

See you Friday night Paul!
- Roz
Hi Roz,

I only paid the one off camping fee. (£19?)

Am I ok for the Friday night as well?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was stuck at work on saturday so no diving then. The last buddy pair surfaced at around 12 on Sunday and it was quite rough then. Interesting rhib ride back!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi

Despite being greeted by a rather grey and miserable morning on Saturday it turned into a lovely weekend. 'Fest' may have been a bit strong but I had a nice bimble on the Saturday, ate some pork and listened to some decent enough music on Saturday night and then tarted around with a rebreather and sidemounts in the pool on Sunday.

My only comment was that what with some stalls on Porth Dafach, some in Holyhead and some at Anglesey Outdoor Centre it seemed a bit sparse. Might have made it feel more 'fest' if it was all in one place. But thats a minor point and I will be back next time.

Thanks to all

Matt

A

1 - 15 of 15 Posts