YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone advise if there is anywhere near Bognor Regis that fills cylinders. Looking at launching the RIB from there.

Thanks,
dan

·
Registered
163 Posts
Dan,

You can get Wittering Divers (most convenient if you end up launching from
Bracklesham) on 01243 672031 and Mulberry Divers (they're in Selsey) on 01243 601000.

I believe they both can supply gas in whatever flavour you need.

HTH

Bestest

Allie

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ta. Thought I'd read somewhere that the Bracklesham slip was out of action at the moment? Do you know if that is the case?

Thanks,
dan

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ah, as a warm water wuss diver :) I don't know too much about the state of the Bracklesham slip but Wittering Divers are still showing their Charter Diary and I think that's where they launch from (someone who knows more'll be along if I'm wrong I'm sure). I'd give them a call and see.

Sorry that's about as much use as a Chocolate Teapot.

Bestest

Allie

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries. I'll be investigating various options over the coming days.

dan

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
Brackelsham is nicer to launch from cos they've got a tractor to launch your boat. Car parks better too and Wittering divers is round the corner. I'd be interested to hear if Brackelsham slip is out of action though, i did her something but wasn't sure whether it was Bracklesham or Selsey east beach slip which had been damaged.

Bognor is OK if you can put up with Chavs and Jetski's. It can be a bit of a ballache recovering when its a bit lumpy at hightide, cos it tends to dump on the slipway. We managed to do a couple of grands worth of damage to the boat trying to do this. Better to wait a couple of hours and recover when the tide has gone out from the bottom of the slip.

Oh yeah and as you come out of Bognor theres a fairly shallow reef that comes out 45degrees from the pier in a southeasterly direction, you can't miss it usually as its covered in lobster pots and pot markers everywhere, don't think its too shallow for a rhib but we tend to avoid it anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts