YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a questin. Is using 100% O2 can make you older. My buddy is 27years old and he has a grey hair, and I am 20 and I would need to take botox in few years?:teeth:

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I have a questin. Is using 100% O2 can make you older. My buddy is 27years old and he has a grey hair, and I am 20 and I would need to take botox in few years?:teeth:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but after 50 years of extensive research I have proved beyond doubt that breathing any nitrox mix with more than 0.06 bar partial pressure of oxygen makes you older.

Breathing gases of less than 0.06 bar ppO2 prevents all forms of aging.

:D :D

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Michael Jackson's looking a bit rough on it too.

I, on the other hand, have silky skin, a full head of lustrous hair and the buttocks of a teenager :D

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Michael Jackson's looking a bit rough on it too.

I, on the other hand, have silky skin, a full head of lustrous hair and the buttocks of a teenager :D
Do the police know you have someone else's buttocks?

:)

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
What's the difference between buttocks and botox??

Chris

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Yes, but not everyone keeps body parts in their fridge :eek:

Eeeeewwwwwww......

In response to the original poster's question, if he/she is worried about damage to cells by oxidation and free-radicals, then perhaps some form of anti-oxidant supplementation can be looked into. Namely Vitamin E. (But not if got really high blood pressure, apparently. But then, that would stop you from diving.)

I dive on Nitrox, and apart from my few white hairs, I look 5 :D So, either the supplements work, or got good genes. Looking at Father, good genes can be ruled out! :redface:

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Does your buddy's parents have grey hair? as I would think genetics has more to do with it than 02.

and the buttocks of a teenager :D
Well give them back you're stretching them :D

Safe diving,
Steve

Reactions: divingniknaks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was diving Nitrox daily but have been advised that I should slot one day of air in every week as yes it does age you. Being doing exactly that for last year or so. Dont think I look any older. No comments please! :teeth:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts