YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being on the farm for a few days i am taking full advantage of watching as many crappy TV programmes on sky as i can. I watched something about ghosts on the London Underground last night - very....urm.....informative it was too. I had to watch Time Team afterwards to settle my nerves.

Sooooo, anyone here ever seen a ghost? I dont think i have (did see something weird at Alnwick castle and hear of a few too), but i have felt very uncomfortable in places where people have died (even if i didnt know it at the time), and was chased by something i couldnt see when i was a kid.

Down to you :)

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
It was quite a good program. I must admit I wouldn't fancy walking those tunnels on my own. :)

Next time I see you I can prove ghosts exist and will actually show you some goolies! If I'm ..... you're lucky you might get to see some ectoplasm!

No .......... hang on a sec ............. how does ghouls end up being goolies? Oh well, I'm sure they'll still give you a fright!

:):):)

Woohoo, I got the first goolies joke in! :teeth:

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
staying in a hotel recently (see also: rant about crap hotel rooms) I found that only one channel would work on the TV. I didn't have the energy to go out and do anything, so I sat and watched a program called "Most Haunted", one that perhaps should more accurately be called "Least Believable".

Anyway, what a brilliant program idea that is! Take 5 giggly, susceptible girls (Girls Aloud), tell them lots of "true, honest, my mate was there and saw it happen" ghost stories, then take them to a spooky gloomy ruin with some cameras. In the dark. Then turn the lights out, and throw stones at them!

In short, no, I've never seen a ghost, don't really believe in them, but throwing stones at "reality pop show" winners is something I do encourage, in fact I have even entered a competition to go on set for the filming! Didn't win though ... probably some kind of spirit intervention to keep non believers out of the way.

·
Là á Bhlàir's math na Càirdean
884 Posts
Many years ago, about 1978 I think, me and my mate where riding a motorcycle near motney Hill along the river medway in what is now a country park. The path led out to a point. At the time it was getting dark, as we rode along a path something ran out infront of the bike from one side of the bushes to the other. It was a large dark shape, the bike immediately stalled and would not start again. Imagine it, here was two 15 year olds with an over active imagination, a stalled bike, it was gradually getting darker by the minute and convinced we had seen a ghost:eek:

To say we sh*t ourselves would be an understatment, never of us were particularly athlectic. However we did ourselves proud and probabley broke the record for the 1000 yard sprint whilst pushing a cb250 gs

What ran out infront of the bike that November evening we never did find out but even now after almost 30 years whenever i see my mate we still mention that night

·
Just A Diver - Nothing Special
478 Posts
GIT GIT GIT!! I had a good one lined up aswell :D
Not the one about putting the willies up you i hope :embarassed:

the old'uns are the best mind ;-)

·
23,946 Posts
GIT GIT GIT!! I had a good one lined up aswell :D
Coming second is no insult ........... indeed the ladies prefer ................ oops!

Actually, thinking about it, maybe ghosts could improve my sex life ............. if get scared stiff just at the right time then maybe Ms Finless will ...............

Hmmmmmmm, promising!

:)

·
23,946 Posts
My family (elder generation) were into spiritualism and doing seances back in the 60's and 70's. My uncle swears blind he has seen furniture moving around during seances in his house (so not rigged). There may be some truth in it but I suspect there is a lot of trickery and con merchants involved.

I don't know about ghosts ................ I'd certainly like to believe in a life or existence after death ............... I reckon I'm going to become an energy life form after I have dies, free of flesh and bone ............. I wonder if lady spirits will still like us boy spirits when we no longer have bones?

·
23,946 Posts
Not the one about putting the willies up you i hope :embarassed:

the old'uns are the best mind ;-)
I bloody well hope not!!! Time to resume my "cork and clench" regime methinks!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
I've recounte dthe story on here before but I'll do it again, in an abridged version. I was in France near the D Day landing beaches, we got lost, had no idea where we were and then I had the weirdest feeling (steady Bryan), came over all cold and horrible, turned teh corner to find we were right on top of the beaches. Most haunting.

I'm sure also I saw my Dad a few years ago, he died in 1965, just after my Mum died and we had moved into our current house, I had never seen either him or any other "ghosts" before.

Matt

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
I was in France near the D Day landing beaches, we got lost, had no idea where we were and then I had the weirdest feeling (steady Bryan), came over all cold and horrible, turned teh corner to find we were right on top of the beaches. Most haunting.
so you felt cold and horrible near the English Channel? I've had that feeling before as well :D

·
His Holeyness
2,198 Posts
I had a ghostly encounter in a supermarket when I spotted my last wife . . .

I'm sure I buried her under the patio five years ago . . .

ColinM

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
I had a ghostly encounter in a supermarket when I spotted my last wife . . .

I'm sure I buried her under the patio five years ago . . .

ColinM

I can help you here. I used a 200mm slab for the ex, I found anything less would be pushed up by her bulging fat ripples :teeth:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Well I think so... it is a long story but the paranormal society actually confirmed with me afterwards that the experience I had was consistant with having seen a ghost... bloody scary it was too..

B x

·
Apprentice houseplant
988 Posts
I'm pretty much adamantly a ghost unbeliever. So much so that I would force myself to go on any of these 'Spooky encounters' type programmes, because I have to put my money where my mouth is!

·
Banned
402 Posts
Being on the farm for a few days i am taking full advantage of watching as many crappy TV programmes on sky as i can. I watched something about ghosts on the London Underground last night - very....urm.....informative it was too. I had to watch Time Team afterwards to settle my nerves.

Sooooo, anyone here ever seen a ghost? I dont think i have (did see something weird at Alnwick castle and hear of a few too), but i have felt very uncomfortable in places where people have died (even if i didnt know it at the time), and was chased by something i couldnt see when i was a kid.

Down to you :)
Saw that too, no matter what your stand point on ghosts that photo with the guy in the electric chair takes some explaining.......

Did anyone read that 'ghost story' in the diver mag about some 'strange lights' around a wreck, think it was a few months ago?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I had a nasty encounter with some spirits at the weekend......

Believe me they are still haunting me today! (note to self, more fibre in diet this week!)
:embarassed:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts