YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Here is a good one.  

Picture this:  Hot sunny day, two dives - you have to keep hydrated or risk a bend.  Blokes get a pee zip, or drop the suit to their knees and go over the side.  Girls.......if you are like me you get them to look away and pee on the floor, but then im a troll (and apparently pee like a cart horse).  I know diving is not the sport if you are the shy type, but some girlie divers (as in, wow, my mascara didnt run on that dive girlies) would rarther die than bare their arse to the floor of the boat.  So, do we have to wear nappies?  (i was given some by my best buddy mate when she gave up diving), or should blokes cut us some slack and let us pee on the floor?

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Hi Porg,

Just hang over the side just like an instructor friend of mine who shall remain nameless, although those in Falmouth last year with me will know all about it.

And as proof here's the evidence:

And no, it's not mine...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Take a bucket!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hey after watching 'The Full Monty' I now know you women can do it standing up so theres no excuse, just get yerself up there beside the blokes and see how high you can piss...

As long as it's downwind of course... that applies to both sexes..

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Well we do discuss some diverse subjects here don't we?

Well not a problem for the ladies on the boats we use up at Lochaline, as theres a nice toilet cubicle.

A problem on a RIB  though, in the past when the call of nature been required by a lass in a group we've put the rib in to a "nearby" island and dropped the lady off on shore to do her stuff. Appreciate its not always practical at some dive sites.

I've been on one rib where the cox took great delight in letting you get in the middle "of it" and insisted on motoring past moored yacht's much to the amusement of the female crew on deck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imported post

For the ladies on our RIB it is bum over the edge of the transom (nice and snug between the warm outboard and the tubes).  Gentlemen to look forward and talk amongst themselves.

The magazine Dive Girl ran a pretty good article on this at some time.

Dive dry!

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

Assuming that my anatomy is similar to that of other women, and that I therefore haven't got anything interesting to look at/hide, I simply hang my goddess-like posterior over the side of rib and pee!

Of course...there is always at least one fellow up front who will then say "I can HEAAAARRRR you*

*grin*

moray

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Our ex-DO was accused of having a dump while sat on the engine cover of a small rib, hanging his arse over the side.  My arse is too big and flabby, and knowing my luck, the cox would make sure i fell in.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

Hi Porg,

Listen, (I mean read, FFS Humour me here) I dearly departed friend of mine once told me of how she (a Geologist) used to pee in the hills when geoloying with an all male collegues honturage (spelt worng I'm sure) stick her head in the nearest bush instead of her arse stating when walking down the 'high street' They'll always recognise your face but never your arse. And I know there is a sparcity of bushes on RIBs but... ..hey I'm sure your a innovative lass, you could work something out eh? .. ..I'll get my coat.

Dave C:D

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

I just pee on the floor, let it go out the bailers....but there are some among us who cant/wont.  I am blessed with a bladder the size of the Hindenburg anyway.  I remember the first time i did the tabarka the cup of tea i had with me brekkie landed in my bladder and i sat on the top of the wreck (lucky it was slack) doing my stop with my legs crossed.  My buddy (bless him, poor sod) hadnt got a clue why i was sat with a look of utter concentration on my face.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thank god my new boat has 2 heads,

Can't imangine Chasey's ass hanging over the side dumping on a poor ascending divers head that has just broke the surface........ OR   Paul O hanging over the side having a swamp, saying " erm seabed is broken shell "     lol

Andy

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Scapa trip last year on the Jean Elaine - the bog vents on  the port side of the boat. On one of the last dives as particularly irritating member of our party had just surfaced and was making his way to the port side ladder.  One of the lads had timed his daily dump just right......Well, you can guess the rest.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Porg, but I am in awe.  I am slightly obsessed with this topic and have brought it up before but you are the first female to join in!

I can't do the squatting thing without filling whatever is around my ankles so the floor is not an option.  "Shy bladder" in fact make RIBS a "hold on" affair.  Hence a nice hardboat is eesential if it is an all day outing.  Ribs are only good for shuttles in my view.

Lou

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Lou, I am with you.  I dive from RIB's  and after a couple of trips to the loo before you set off, that's me until we return.  

Is there no decorum on dive boats anymore.

FB

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Nov. 03 2003,12:42)]Is there no decorum on dive boats anymore.

FB
None that I have ever seen!  

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

I know! Perhaps you ladies could put up some sort of curtain fastened to the A frame. I large sheet of tarp, a couple of bunges top and bottom? Just sit on the fiberglass section at the rear, which the out board is fastened to? You could even use some sponge pipe insulation hooked on as a cushion?

Dave C

1 - 20 of 24 Posts