YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>
Hi Girls I have a couple of 12lt tanks taking up space in my outhouse as I now dive on twin 7s . I am thinking of making my single 12s into a twin set  so can get some more use out of them. I  looking to see how many other girls dive with twin 12s and how you get on with them ??
Fiona.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I'm sure she'll post later, but Blanaid dives with them and doesn't seem to have any problem.

Juz

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I can just about manage my twin 10s but wouldn't want to walk through the tunnel at hodge with them! but then i am quite small..

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Girls? love 'em, twin 12's? never tried but I'm willing to give it a go...

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Give Louise Trewevas an email (from dive girl) she may take a few days to reply if she is busy but gave me loads of advice.  I have twin 10's and twin 12's, but it depends on season as to how i manage them.  I tend to use the 10's more as i breathe like a dead person and dont need the extra gas.  Just DONT try to swing them onto your back - your spine isnt sposed to make noises like that.  If you use a jacket with clips beware as some of them dont like the weight (as in the buddy ones).  Try to sit into them if you can, and get a trolley (yes it may not be macho but around st abbs harbour it is SOOO nice), i got mine from Lidl for £15, it even folds flat.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Would that be the trolley or the twins?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i got mine from Lidl for £15
Sorry it's been a long day

·
Registered
58 Posts
Imported post

TWINS !! excellent idea but size does matter and if any one can help I would like SIZE 10 - 12 , age 20 - 26 and Swedish

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ April 21 2004,21:37)]Give Louise Trewevas an email (from dive girl) she may take a few days to reply if she is busy but gave me loads of advice.  I have twin 10's and twin 12's, but it depends on season as to how i manage them.  I tend to use the 10's more as i breathe like a dead person and dont need the extra gas.  Just DONT try to swing them onto your back - your spine isnt sposed to make noises like that.  If you use a jacket with clips beware as some of them dont like the weight (as in the buddy ones).  Try to sit into them if you can, and get a trolley (yes it may not be macho but around st abbs harbour it is SOOO nice), i got mine from Lidl for £15, it even folds flat.
<font color='#810541'>Hi thanks for info I do use a trolly its wicked  I would not be without it makes the job alot easier . I think my next set will be 10s I had look at twinning my old single 12lt tanks but they are the very old ones and weigh much more then the newer ones.
thanks Fiona.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Scubamuppet @ April 22 2004,17:13)]TWINS !! excellent idea but size does matter and if any one can help I would like SIZE 10 - 12 , age 20 - 26 and Swedish
<font color='#000080'>Digger likes twin 6's. He has a Chest harness (but enough about his sexual preferences), No seriously he has a chest harness. He uses his suit for bouyancy and rigs the 6's like stage bottles. Very low resistance to the flow of the water around him, with the emphases on the ROUND part  
 (Sorry Digger). I'm not sure how his tight harnes interferes with his air flow in his drysuit though? I guess he's fine with it as he had no problems last weekend in Skye. And before you say anything I know hes a boy but he did mince around on the boat last weekend. (Digge will definately kill me now
).

Dave C

1 - 9 of 9 Posts