YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Given the importance of the "buddy" system to most of the diving orgs. with it's relliance on hand signals for communication between the buddies, why (with the exception of a few dry-gloves) are neoprene gloves available in the colour-options of black, black or black?
It used to really p*ss me-off on training dives to constantly have to half-guess what was going on.
If technicolour ( that doesn't mean tech-black!) dry-suits are available then why not gloves?

................... sorry, just fancied having a moan about something,

Terry

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Terry

They are, I have a pair of Blue neoprene gloves with white nobbly bits on the palm side  

I use those thin warm water gloves and you can get those in Pink - if you want me to get you a pair  

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Dry gloves seem to come in a wider range fo colours - the ones in my kit bag are orange, and those blue ones seem all the rage..

But yeah, wet gloves do seem a bit more dull.. Still, there's nothing stopping us colouring them ourselves

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>An excellent point Terry. I've got some 2 or 3mm gloves which are quite brightly coloured but they were something donated to me by a warm-water diver so I don't know if they were/are available in this country. Not much use for Scotland and North Sea but may take them darn sarf next time
Chee-az
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts