YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had a quote of £65 to add two pockets to my wetsuit, obviously they know what they are doing.

IF I buy a couple of pockets - Bowstone do a cargo pocket with neopreane back how easy is it to DIY.

A couple of pockets will cost me about £40 am I going to spend £20 on glue :D

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
I have just had a quote of £65 to add two pockets to my wetsuit, obviously they know what they are doing.

IF I buy a couple of pockets - Bowstone do a cargo pocket with neopreane back how easy is it to DIY.

A couple of pockets will cost me about £40 am I going to spend £20 on glue :D
Pretty easy really. I think the glue will set you back about £10.

I am pretty sure there have been a few threads about this. The important bit is to build up the layers of glue on the pocket letting it go off in between, mask off the area with tape to keep it clean and most importantly take your time (like you have lots of it on your hands now ;) )

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
It will probably take you longer to decide where you want the pockets , than to do the job.Put the suit on and get some one to mark the position when you are happy that they are right .

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mask off the area with tape to keep it clean and most importantly take your time (like you have lots of it on your hands now ;) )
Heck now I have to buy masking tape :)

Prometheus said:
Put the suit on and get some one to mark the position when you are happy that they are right
Some of us are billy no mates there isn't anyone here to mark them up for me :(

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
Some of us are billy no mates there isn't anyone here to mark them up for me :(
put on the wetsuit and go stand on the street :) with a leg out.... you might get more offers than you want :)

David

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Fi-Fi Trixiebelle.....it is a piece of cake. Give me a bell tonight and we can talk through it. Just make sure you have enough Value Beans left in your larder to do the trick :D

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mal told me life will never get bad enough for value beans :D

TBH I am leaning towards "getting a man in" as you know I don't normally do DIY

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Mal told me life will never get bad enough for value beans :D

get one of the TFT chimps to do it for you the next time you see them.. They are quite handy like that..

Failing that if you are in the area - I will do it for you.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Isn't that answer supposed to be in your avatar thread on DIRx ;)

It isn't DIY anyway - it is textiles :D Or Art & Craft.

Plus the glue smells nice. Get on with it.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After a very nervous week as I had been told they might not be able to do my pockets because of illness, I finally picked the wetsuit up today and a darn fine job they have done of them - much better than I could have done :)

I was right down to the wire on this one, when I phoned them at noon they were just about to start.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
After a very nervous week as I had been told they might not be able to do my pockets because of illness, I finally picked the wetsuit up today and a darn fine job they have done of them - much better than I could have done :)

I was right down to the wire on this one, when I phoned them at noon they were just about to start.
Check that they've fitted them with the flap at the top and the drain holes pointing down - otherwise holding your spools will be interesting.. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts