YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gobsmacked is how I felt when I first went under the water.
I think the first time was sheer fear - in a pool in Rhodes as a taster but then
after chickening out on a real dive I got the bug back in UK - did my
OW here in the cold - brrrrrrrrrr then got on a plane with a few friends and did
an Advanced OW in Thailand - what an awesome feeling and got to see a whole load of colourful fish and reefs. Words can't really describe it. Since then have been back to Horsea Island and the pool to practice, practice and still more practice the skills I know I need to become better and see more of the underwater world.

Sorry to go on but its a bug which has taken me over.
Its nice to be here and to lurk and read and perhaps now I will be add my
tu penny worth.

SallyUK:teeth:

·
Fastest Gas In The Midlands
167 Posts
Welcome to Yd
now you got the bug well and truly :)
you had best get yer credit card ready for all that nice new shiney kit

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Welcome Sally, I'm glad to hear that you have caught the bug. Enjoy YD - looking forward to reading about your experiences. :)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Sally,

a warm welcome to YD, enjoy the boards.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
401 Posts
Gobsmacked is how I felt when I first went under the water.
Yep, that's pretty much how I felt on my try-dive too - couldn't believe how great it was. I'm starting my OW this weekend (hoping it's not too cold but determined not to be a wuss - I want to dive in the UK)

I've just spent an obscene amount of money on shiny new kit. And I love every bit of it :D

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good luck on your OW this weekend - it is only the beginning but you know that don't you- can't wait to hear how it goes.

Sally UK

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks! I have every intention of loving every minute of it. :)

Of course I didn't need a new hobby but when you get the chance to do something like this, who wants to say no?

So where are you diving next?

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hopefully wraysbury on wednesday - haven't been there before but
I'm game for most things new :)
I was offered a dive with a buddy from my club this weekend but
my daughter is being a bridesmaid so mama is required for chaperoning duties.
So diving has to take a back seat for a while :)
Enjoy

SallyUK

·
So much more than a child's play thing!
2,725 Posts
Welcome Sally, get stuck in and enjoy the fun.

Hopefully wraysbury on wednesday - haven't been there before but I'm game for most things new :)
I'd be careful amongst the Wraysbury crowd, you don't want to go saying things like that they're around, you never know what could happen. Might see you there on Wednesday then :teeth:

Gareth

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hopefully wraysbury on wednesday - haven't been there before but
I'm game for most things new :)
I was offered a dive with a buddy from my club this weekend but
my daughter is being a bridesmaid so mama is required for chaperoning duties.
So diving has to take a back seat for a while :)
Enjoy

SallyUK
Yes, you have to put the family first occasionally! Hope you enjoy yourself on Wednesday.

And watch out for Spacehopper.....you'll be fine as long as you don't get him on the dancefloor ;)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I'd be careful amongst the Wraysbury crowd, you don't want to go saying things like that they're around, you never know what could happen.
Honestly, we're all very well behaved* As long as the evening involves tea, diving and a rubber suit...

Welcome to the boards, hopefully you'll be able to join the Wraysbury Wednesdayers** :)

dan

*Excludes Diving Dude.
** May not be a real word.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.