YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi All.

Over the coming months there will be an ongoing marine life survey taking place at St Abbs. Using divers, this study aims to look at the possibility of using recreational divers to monitor the health of some of the more popular diving areas. As well as giving us a general feel for the health of St Abbs as a whole.

If you feel you would like to contribute a small amount of your time to this study, please email me via the link at the bottom, and ill send you more information

Thanks
James Alameddine
University of Hull
[email protected]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>suspect the problem here is the season James. For locally based divers its not too impractical, to jump in the water on a calm winter day, but I imagine fairly few non-local divers will plan a winter trip to st abbs on the off-chance the sea conditions will be ok.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>we were up last weekend and got blown out so I have to second evil twin on this one maybe more luck when the weather improves

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

You might be better doing this in one of the West coast Sea Lochs(Long, Fyne). They're sheltered all year round and it's "never" a problem getting in. Unless you've picked St Abbs for a reason!!!

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts