YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As Bully is incapable of anything other than monosyllabic grunts and breaking wind before 07.30 it was decided that we should load the Global warmer bus with our gear Friday night and I would pick everyone up at ''what the fcuk o clock'' to be at Amlwch for 8am. I left home at 3.30 to pick up Bully, Mick and Jon ''brown treacle pants'' F

A relatively easy journey down there only spoiled by the horizontal rain arriving an hour earlier than Bully said it would. On arriving at the harbour we met Steve, Mark, Yaz, Derrick, ScubaGay and his smoke screen Mary, by the time we had loaded the gear we were soaked to the skin and freezing.

A comfortable ride out saw us arrive at the wreck site at Molefre and Terry and Elfyn secured Julie-Ann over the site. The banter was top notch as usual in particular with Jason failing to quash rumours of his rampant faggotry by paying a student obviously from warmer climes to be his pretend girlfriend :teeth:

After a brief we took it in turns to use the airlift and sift through the sand and pebbles, it was harder than I expected to lug the pipe around but it is a fantastic tool, our first dive was an hour and unfortunately yielded no gold. Due to suit squeeze and an optical illusion, some cruel and negative vibe merchant christened me the wok bellied diving Buddha :cry:

The day went in a similar vein with the addition of brews, bacon/spam sandwiches, banter and horizontal rain. The highlight being Steve falling into the hold as he was distracted by flapjack ;)

Around 4pm the compressor packed up and everyone was quite relived as it appeared we would be returning early……..not so as Elfyn set up the spare :sad: various pieces of pottery, glass, brass and copper made it onto the trophy table but no gold although many pieces of gold coloured rock and shells caused a few false starts.

Back into harbour around 9pm and knackered, wet, hungry, thirsty we set off for Johns caravan. While waiting for our meal from the chippy Yaz made for me, the quote of the evening by announcing in a Barbara Windsor stylee ''Steve would you mind putting your cock away please'' :eek: unfortunately my jockey shorts had parted slightly exposing a small portion of little Steve :embarasse luckily a dead bird never falls out of the nest so all were safe.

Food, banter, beer, tall tales, gay gin and rum were followed by me creating havoc by using the shower for it’s true purpose rather than a suit store, then off to bed.

It was a scene from hell with giggling, far to much hairy man-flesh, flatulence, more giggling, snoring, bad backs, provocatively rounded people too wide for the bed and smelly wet under suits.

Sunday morning came, and being clever I had brought a load of microwave breakfast cobs but unfortunately there was no microwave, so makeshift frying and grilling ensued and bolstered by a lull in the Welsh monsoon season we set off for the boat.

We saw a pod of Dolphins on our journey out and as the mooring lines and hoses were already there we got down to lifting much earlier and with expectations high we all set to work, the sun came out and started to make the deck a toasty place to be for everyone except smoke screen who still shivered ;)

More false starts, copper rings, brass, glass, a silver handle from a razor, a pencil, an ornate button, an old shilling and a penny came out, along with ''test coins'' but no gold until the B team of myself and Bully went in and a gold hook or clasp came up, we didn’t see it but luckily the sift crew did.

We surfaced to find jellyfish tentacles everywhere and unfortunately I was stung across the cheeks and worryingly everyone offered to piss on me :eek: luckily Elfyn has loads of vinegar on board so I made do with that much to Jason’s chagrin.

The boat then became a party boat with people bombing from the roof and swimming/avoiding the jellies, on our journey back to port the monsoon season also returned and as a result I missed a few people to say fare thee well.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend and I would certainly recommend the experience to anyone.

Thanks to Elfyn and Terry, always a pleasure to dive with you, and thanks to everyone else for making the weekend a laugh riot, Good to catch up with the old faces again and to meet Yaz, Mary and Steve.

Happy hunting for the next lift.

Safe diving,
Steve

P.S. here is the flapjack recipe, and sorry I work in old money

8 oz butter or margarine [I use Clover]
2 tablespoons Golden syrup
8 oz sugar
4 oz oats
4 oz self raising flour
6 oz crushed Crunchy nut cornflakes

Melt the Clover and syrup, then mix the other ingredients in a bowl. Add the syrup mixture to it and mix well.

Put the mixture evenly in a 10 by 8 by 1 inch well greased baking tray and cook for 30 mins approx at 160 deg

Remove from oven then gently firm down with a spatula and leave to cool, cut it into pieces and remove from tray.

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Great report mate, Just shows how slim i really am managing to fall down that hatch :embarassed: The flapjack was really that good :teeth: It was a pleasure to meet you all the weather was crap the work really hard but still had a great laugh, smokescreen (Mary) should have asked for more money i think :teeth: It was very politically incorrect to state the the scouser would be best at the table because he wouldn't miss gold :embarassed: You also left out Derricks camel toe:teeth: I'll post some pics of the day later on.
thankyou all for a great weekend

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
It sounds like a wet and windy trip. Typical of Bloody Wales. (It was boiling hot here and v sunny - oh yes).

Why use self raising flour in a flap jack? Eh? They're not supposed to rise, you nana.

It sounds like a fun weekend overall. Nice reprt Steve. Just sort yer flapjack recipe out or you will have people sticking their guts to their duodenum with that glue recipe.

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
The desperate gold hunters smiling despite the weather

The sifting table

Note steve s taking it like a goodun and scubagays tanya streeter like forehead :teeth:

The WOKBELLIEDDIVEBUDHA

Our improvised health and safety rules

be warned all i have more:teeth:

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You also left out Derricks camel toe:teeth:
Actually I've been trying to bury the image :eek:

Why use self raising flour in a flap jack? Eh? They're not supposed to rise, you nana.

It sounds like a fun weekend overall. Nice reprt Steve. Just sort yer flapjack recipe out or you will have people sticking their guts to their duodenum with that glue recipe.
I use self raising so it is light and fluffy, rather than the stuff you can prop doors open with ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
I have to say the flapjack was bloody good, good enough to almost die trying to get more:embarassed:

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
What a top weekend. Vacuuming the seabed is quite relaxing in a strange way :embarassed:
And somehow moving a bloody massive boulder out of the way by hand is quite satifying too, although I'd hate to move some of the big ones we shifted if I were in the garden.

A great weekend, with a great bunch of people. Shame we got the weather from hell on Saturday, why is Welsh rain *always* horizontal ? But the Sunday made up for it.
It was funny yesterday afternoon when we all decided to turn the boat into a pleasure park, jumping in and bombing and generally pratting about :teeth:

Sorry for cutting the wrong line Elfyn, and I promise to try and learn to tie knots for next time :redface: :D

To the people on the next two trips, you'll have a right laugh...

·
I am a person NOT a number
7,710 Posts
The highlight being Steve falling into the hold as he was distracted by flapjack ;)

While waiting for our meal from the chippy Yaz made for me, the quote of the evening by announcing in a Barbara Windsor stylee ''Steve would you mind putting your cock away please'' :eek: unfortunately my jockey shorts had parted slightly exposing a small portion of little Steve :embarasse luckily a dead bird never falls out of the nest so all were safe.
I hope you noticed how polite and well mannered I was when I made that request. It took all my self control to stop hysterical laughter emitting. I am just so glad that I hadnt ordered a chipolata and chips for me dinner!:redface:
Your flapjacks were truly scrumptous and best home made ones I have eaten. I did notice my Bakewell Tart didnt last long once the container was opened!
Had a great time and a great laugh and thanks for the "Try Fin dives" to all that let me use their fins.

Yaz

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
I hope you noticed how polite and well mannered I was when I made that request. It took all my self control to stop hysterical laughter emitting. I am just so glad that I hadnt ordered a chipolata and chips for me dinner!:redface:
Your flapjacks were truly scrumptous and best home made ones I have eaten. I did notice my Bakewell Tart didnt last long once the container was opened!
Had a great time and a great laugh and thanks for the "Try Fin dives" to all that let me use their fins.

Yaz
Ah the bakewell tart was a thing of beauty my only regret is that i didn't snaffle it all to myself :embarassed:

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Hi all,
Glad you all enjoyed it, a bit differnt to a normal dive weekend innit :teeth:
Despite most of you struggling with Air-lift technique we manged to find a few bits and bats. I think the Silver coin could have been one of these:

Shilling (1823-1825)
O Laureated head of George IV leftGEORGIUS IIII D:G: BRITANNIAR: REX F: D:R Crowned shield of arms (harp and lions) within garter and collarHONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE ANNO date

Let me know if I'm right when you've cleaned it up- it's quite early considering the age of the wreck and not quite what we were after but at least it's treasure :teeth:
Looks like the area we're digging is good so maybe we'll have more luck next time.:thumbsup:
Nice to meet a few new YD faces, what stunned me most was the fact that Mark Davies never complained about the vis! Must be a first!

ATB,
terry

·
Anglesey Charter boat Skipper
1,033 Posts
The only way is up on this job ,think we've started on a promising spot so fingers crossed on the next one.
Big thumbs up to team gold member and especially the ring leader sunami summers the one man tidal wave .
This was one of the more enjoyable weekend charters for me this year even with saturdays crappy weather.
lesson learn't to Mr Ratcliffe ,never volunteer for anything ,especially if it requires taking orders from a nutty welshman.
sorry cut the blue rope not the orange doooohhhh
knot class for that man on his next visit.
best thing with this job is you just never know if the next spurt from the airlift is gonna drop a gold coin on the griddle.
so own up who made off with the silver swag?
elfyn

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Had a great weekend big thanks to elfin and terry and bugger off that's our spot now we want rights to it:teeth: really enjoyed myself although i was bloody knackered. Thanks again fellas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.