YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

www.the-deep-blue.co.uk

I have had some excellent dives around the world (see my site!) but each place has had its very different god points.

Thailand for the leopard sharks, Tenerife for feeding sting rays, red sea for volume of fish and crystal clear waters, Jamaica for coral fans and flamingo nudibranchs.

next place i want to go to though has to be a wash with sharks, and the bigger the better...........any ideas where to go?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

I remember watching a program on Discovery a while back called something like.. "Worlds top 10 shark dives" or similar... it was awesome... but unfortunately I can't remember which ones were top, but for lots of sharks and BIG ones then without having to go too far I think the coast of South Africa might have something to rock your boat... oh what are they called again..... Oh yeah... Great Whites
:scared:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Imported post

Just been watching a program on the Nat Geo channel about the Rangiroa Atol, thousands upon thousands of sharks! just the place for you!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Clive,

For sharks, of all kinds and desciptions, I can recommend South Africa and up to the Mozambique border. I'll be writing my next Dive Trip Report on my trip there last Oct/Nov shortly on here for you guys.

We dived three places: Aliwal Shoal (loads of Lemon/'Raggie', or Ragged Tooth Sharks - check out 'Raggie Cave' and the 'Cathedral'!), Protea Banks (you DON'T dive here for the reefs, we saw approx 100+ Hammerheads on one dive - see the Photo Gallery on this site - Zambezi (Bull) Sharks, Angel Sharks, Ribbon Tail Rays, Guitar Sharks, Bronze-Whalers and Copper Sharks and one Oceanic White Tip!) and Sodwana Bay.

Failing that, check out any of the resorts along Cable Beach on New Providence Island in the Bahamas, shed-loads of big Grey Reef sharks on the wreck of the 'Bahama Mama', and they come up close........like half a metre close!!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Of course then there's the Comoros and Galapagos Islands - both have their own unique environment and sharks named aftet them as being found nowhere else.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

The Azores are well known for its sharks. Exactly where and when I don't know but ask a local dive club.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts