YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

This is my first post, so hello to everybody!

I'm about to purchase my own gear after doing my OW & Advanced OW PADI course and was wondering if anybody had a recommendation re: a reputable dive shop / supplier where i could purchase the full kit list.

I'm based around the Ripon area but make frequent trips to my inlaws at South Shields (Tyneside) so anywhere in the North of England will do.

Obviously price is important to me but i also want the warm & cuddly feeling you get when you get good service (i.e. things on order delivered on time, good impartial advice etc. etc. you know the sort of thing)

Any comments / help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers - Mark....

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

That would be Divers Warehouse then.  Ask for Brett and tell him I sent you!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Mate.

If you are in the north of england, Diver's warehouse in Bradford is well worth a trip, especially if you are in the market for a dry suit. Their "otter" suits are bloody marvellous things.

Remember it's the dive show this coming weekend at the NEC in Birmingham, if you are ready to buy kit now you could do a lot worse than make a trip there. Chances are you'll get better deals there than anyone else.

Only downside is you'd have to endure about 50 of us descending on the place

Welcome again, and safe diving

Gareth

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Imported post

I agree with Porg, Denney Diving must be the Norths best. If in doubt, just call em. They are friendly and helpfull, their website is a doddle to navigate and delivery/after sales is second to none.

Although I used to use Divers Warehouse a lot when I lived in Yorks and those guys are a good bet also

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

Andy / Gareth / Porg / Frogman / Steve W

Thanks for all your replies.

I went to the Divers Warehouse Bradford on Sat (combined this with a trip to the curry house!) & basically got everything i wanted, just waiting for a large BCD to come in-stock then off to pick it all up next week.

Dealt with Brett in the shop who was most helpful.

thanks again -  Mark.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>up at tyneside you've got Deep Blue Dive Centre, made the trip up from sheffield one for a torch... told my dad he should have got it mail order!!

good staff though, talking for ages about other bits of kit and good prices

chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts