YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Last week, after a dive out of Portland, I lost a little rubber cap thingy that covered the air hose connector to my Auto-Air when not in use.  I like to keep the connector covered so I can wash down the BCD and it's also a bit neater than having a plastic baggie over it.

Anyway, I lost it, and I emailed customer support at A P Valves asking could I buy a replacement.  They sent me out a replacement immediately, free of charge (and apparently, it's called a "Moss cap").  Nice people.

Just thought I would share that story with you.

Andy

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I brought my Buddy Ranger though Simply Scuba and asked them specifically to send that rubby cap thing. I got the kit last week but didn't get the cap. When I asked them they said that they didn't stock them. That annoyed me because I asked specifically to enclose it and I knew Simply Scuba had to bring in the Ranger from AP.
So I'm dissapointed by Simply Scuba, as for Ap I will call them tommorrow to ask for these rubber cap things.

Thanks for letting us know what the cap is called!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

I also have excellent experience of AP Valves customer service. They are very helpful people. I wish everybody was as good as they are.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Imported post

There is no doubt about it, their customer support is second to none.

Several months ago, the Auto Air connection to the hose on my Profile was leaking.This was a few days before a Red Sea trip. I was told that to fix it would cost £20 incl. P & P. It was back well in time for the trip with a brand new auto air unit (all for the £20 quoted).

Last month, I had a leak on the inner bag. Again, that was replaced in less that a week , together with new overpressure valves throughout for £60, incl. P & P.

I know their products attracht criticism for being too heavy/over engineered etc. but if i had to replace my BCD, it would certainly be with another  Buddy jacket.

Steve

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

thought that if you were the first owner (ie not second hand) you got a lifetime guarantee?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Aug. 27 2003,19:31)]thought that if you were the first owner (ie not second hand) you got a lifetime guarantee?
<font color='#0000FF'>Yes you do get a lifetime warranty but it doesnt cover losing bits. I lost the clip that retains the BC hose, I rang them and it arrived the following day FOC, excellent service.  

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Chris

I live a mile from Simply Scuba and unless its an emergency or a very small bit of kit i will drive the 45 miles to Dive Kent to get it.

The majority of the other 100 members of my club do the same. But maybe thats a coincident.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Paul
I normally have no problems with Simply Scuba but this time things didn't work out as well as usual. I'll be sending an e-mail to AP later and confident I'll get the cap without any hassle. It's just a pity as I specifically asked S.S for the cap and that was ignored.
I live in Northen Portugal so much of the material I get is on-line, you are lucky in the UK where there is so much variety. Have two more days before I try out the Ranger, can't wait!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts