YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Retired depth-junkie, just a holiday scooby now
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
was good logging on today to be met with the YD massive in full flow today.

Was great to see more good dive info and top posts being bounded about by the upstarts of YD, great posts that take place in the halls of history next to the how too dive a twin set, spools, my little finergs bent, when should i use 2 deco cylinders and all good stuff like that threads.

This place has become a gold mine of top info over the last few months/years. A real little oasis for fools to run riot. Some people on here really need to tuffen up and get a grip.

ATB
Gareth

Reactions: NeilP and principia

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Gareth,

Sorry to state the obvious but if reading YD annoys you, don’t log on, and if you are annoyed by the non diving posts or the 'how to' threads, either ignore them, or post some diving ones yourself. Better still give those thread starters the benefit of your experience rather than your condescension, as fair few of your recent posts seem to be designed to either provoke or belittle, and AFAIC that draws a comparison with the theme of this thread.

YD should be a place where everyone has a right to post without fear of ridicule, from experienced divers like yourself, to the just starting out no idea diver that I’m sure most of us started out as.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Retired depth-junkie, just a holiday scooby now
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed.

like everywhere else, people should be able to express a view with out being attacked. Disagreed with is one thing, but attacked is another, and, IMV, not on.
Hence the reason for the post.

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Went over my head :embarassed:

Read it twice and couldn't decide whether the post was a slating or a congrats :rolleyes: Mind you, I can't read every post so I would be guessing there were lots of brill and incisive threads today that I possibly missed while I was running riot like a fool :p
;)

·
Flaccid Member
5,410 Posts
Mind you, I can't read every post so I would be guessing there were lots of brill and incisive threads today that I possibly missed while I was running riot like a fool :p
;)
Well they wouldn't have been any from me because by the time I've finished my one finger typing and clicked the "Submit reply" button the bloody thread had been closed!
:frown:

·
Life's A Bitch, Then You Go Diving
90 Posts
Oh dear, here comes the prat pack

ATB
Gareth
Gareth,
You need to get a life, if I wish to talk to miserable old [email protected]*er, I talk to my boss.

I was only cheering you up, but by the looks of things you have been lobotomised with your scene of humour.

Head of the prat pack

Jinxy

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Oh FFS! Poxy work!!! I try and I try to skive as much as possible and I STILL miss all the fun(????????) At this rate I'll miss my own funeral ............ eh ............. are you thinking what I'm thinking? :)

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Oh FFS! Poxy work!!! I try and I try to skive as much as possible and I STILL miss all the fun(????????) At this rate I'll miss my own funeral ............ eh ............. are you thinking what I'm thinking? :)
Are you think that we should all fake our own deaths and claim 'death in service' payments and bereavement pensions by pretending to be our own long lost sons / daughters / husbands / wives so we can just go diving all the time and enjoy ourselves without the chore of actually having to go to work and suffer all the grief that it entails?

Or is that just me?

·
Darren of the Deep
929 Posts
was good logging on today to be met with the YD massive in full flow today.

Was great to see more good dive info and top posts being bounded about by the upstarts of YD, great posts that take place in the halls of history next to the how too dive a twin set, spools, my little finergs bent, when should i use 2 deco cylinders and all good stuff like that threads.

This place has become a gold mine of top info over the last few months/years. A real little oasis for fools to run riot. Some people on here really need to tuffen up and get a grip.

ATB
Gareth
And do some proper diving not just talk a good dive.But thats modern divers for you they think that any dive over 38m should be done on trimix i think if you went for a drink with some of this lot you would have to put them a bed by 6.30pm.

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
And do some proper diving not just talk a good dive.But thats modern divers for you they think that any dive over 38m should be done on trimix i think if you went for a drink with some of this lot you would have to put them a bed by 6.30pm.
It's dives over 30m ... do you not take in anything that's written here?
Mal

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Are you think that we should all fake our own deaths and claim 'death in service' payments and bereavement pensions by pretending to be our own long lost sons / daughters / husbands / wives so we can just go diving all the time and enjoy ourselves without the chore of actually having to go to work and suffer all the grief that it entails?

Or is that just me?
Wow, the Fall and Rise of Big Si Perry ;)

When do you have to adopt the false beard each morning before work then, and explain why you are 3 minutes late ? :D

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.