YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
No longer a diver :o(
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Just picked up a JMD umbilical torch.
At the moment I just have it on a lanyard/bolt-snap.
It's quite a long/chunky head.
Is there an alternative to the metal goodman handles?
Vaguely remember seeing a webbing/neoprene type for the likes of an SL6 or similar.
Don't want to spend a fortune, afterall it's onlt a torch handle!!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Guys,
Just picked up a JMD umbilical torch.
At the moment I just have it on a lanyard/bolt-snap.
It's quite a long/chunky head.
Is there an alternative to the metal goodman handles?
Vaguely remember seeing a webbing/neoprene type for the likes of an SL6 or similar.
Don't want to spend a fortune, afterall it's onlt a torch handle!!

Cheers
like this? Beaver Neoprene Lamp Handle by Beaver Sports

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Not sure why you wouldn't want a metal handle - it gives you a lot of control of the light, and is just as hands free as a webbing loop or similar.

I got my metal goodman handle from Kent Tooling, great bit of kit and the usual indestructible build quality.

Digs.

·
GUE-F
742 Posts
Ive got a soft goodmans handle that I got from Greenforce I think, your welcome to try it, just need a couple of cable ties to attach to the torch. PM me if interested.

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
You could try one of those lifting handles that clip around the neck of cylinders, much more use on a torch than a cylinder
I'll add a bit of inner tube to my Deal Xtreme Chinese thing and this will work perfectly I think, thanks.

·
Waiting to see what happens
3,844 Posts
get an old bungie cord and zip tie it to the handle - mega cheap. I did it just to find out if I'd get on with holding a toch like that before laying yet more dosh for more dive kit. Been like that since I did it, just added a bit of tastefull duct tape to pad out the grip a little. I'm turning all dorset farmer, i'll be after bailer twine next as an alternative to halcycon harness :D

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
I use a Bowstone webbing strap one as shown before, does the job for me, have done for about 10 years since i went for my 1st Umbilical ;)

·
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Some really good ones - in fact I might have the bit's at home to knock-up something similar to the Greenforce/Bowstone one.
Thanks again!!

·
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the reply's chaps - now sorted thanks to AndyA!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts