YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gruop and I have a fantastic week at Moby Dives, despite diving unaccompanied and simply hiring weights and cylinders, the staff were immensley helpful and informative! The staff here are second to none. The bar at the dive center was the cheapest in Xlendi, and the bar staff were freindly! The accomdation, above the dive center, was clean, functional and perfect for a group of divers. The dive shop was well stocked and had some nice T-shirts to take away with us! Definitley, without a doubt, the best dive center in Xlendi - they even lent us oxygen and first aid kits FOC for our shore dives! This is a one stop shop for diving, food, beers and accomodation.

We had a brilliant day onboard the RIB, Ocean Dreams. Pete, owner of Ocean Dreams was professional and extremely knowledgeable of the area and of diving itself! Pete is an retired diving Instructor in the area, so has an immense knowledge of the dive sites. The RIB carries O2 and first aid on board.

Xlendi Bay itself is beautiful, remains my favourite place on Gozo, and has some fabulous restaurants! Particually Ta'Carolina and Ic Cima! Food was amazing!!! The rabbit is a must try!

Sadly, I cant be so positive about the car rental! Aquarius Car rentals on Malta, were AWFUL!!!! Provided us with dodgy cars, one of which broke down!! It took 5 phone calls, and 4 hours stuck at the roadside before we were back on the road again. The customer service was dreadful, and the staff were rude! We were also stung with several extra charges upon collection at the airport. I was outraged and shocked at the rude response recevied to a written complaint. NEVER use this company!!Really really awful!

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Gozo cars and jeeps - why bother with excess or accident insurance? They come dented and knackered!
Glad you had a good holiday, can't wait til we get there!

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
:D :thumbsup:

I can't believe we only managed to get together for a beer once - and even then we sat either end of the table and didn't get to chat - hey ho, next time eh? Oh, and seeing as we didn't have to go around apologising for you afterwards, you can all come back again :D

A note for future travellers to Gozo - take the transfers and rent a vehicle locally - at least when ;) they break down, they should be with you quickly to either replace said offender or get it repaired quickly :)

·
Former member
78 Posts
Must concur on the transportation. Always take the transfer and rent locally - Its a holiday!! :) Use the local knowledge (scubasoo) to your advantage :)

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Worth mentioning that Tim Digger of this parish has a week of dive toggery 11th to 19th August booked to dive with me out of Moby's and with a double room above the centre but has been let down by his buddy who now can't make it. A pm to Tim or me if interested. :D

·
and his lucky wooden reel
571 Posts
Worth mentioning that Tim Digger of this parish has a week of dive toggery 11th to 19th August booked to dive with me out of Moby's and with a double room above the centre but has been let down by his buddy who now can't make it. A pm to Tim or me if interested. :D
Thanks for the warning, we will now stay on Malta :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts