YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello :)
does anyone have a more precise GPS mark for the ridge in torbay please? i have got 'dive south devon' and it gives a mark in there but not very precise (no decimals), mike (sunfish charters) has put me on it dozens of times right in a 'sweet spot' but when i go on my own boat i seem to end up on the fringe then drifting over sandy nothing ! still get scallys tho :)
thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, i've dived it about 50 times, its my favourite local shallow site, i normally do it as a second dive, pick up a scallop or two sometimes there are crab and lobbys and ive even seen trigger fish there. last time there were squid, wrasse, etc.
the dive south devon book is quite inaccurate, but a handy 'guide' i have local charts, its not on totnes bsac (dunno why?)
thanks all for your input :)

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
I have them on the GPS but that is on the boat, if you can wait til after the weekend I will get them for you or..... head for the big patch of grass to the right of broadsands, about 200 metres before the shore look towards broadsands and you will see a scar in the rock...now do a few figure of eights while looking at the bottom bouncer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks bythesea, next weeks fine, i wont be out at weekend, mrs has me tied to house doing chores, but i plan to escape next tuesday - weather permitting. i try by transits but although my eyesight is bang on i can never get the same place twice! GPS & sonar is a must :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not dived morris rogue, dont know why? will do tuesday then! was getting me dinner south of thatcher on monday, scallys and then a dozen mackrel off hopes nose, a great afternoon :) there seem to be an enormous amount of pots along that stretch of coast at the moment. viz was ok for a change.
thanks all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.